Good Idea (45)
91.84%
Bad Idea (4)
8.16%
Danhard133
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi Guys,

Just wondered what you guys thought about the following: I have, left over from my GCSEs in Economics and a couple of other subjects, some (in my opinion good quality notes and spider diagrams and none of which is copied from textbooks) which I have handwritten.

Since my GCSEs they have been piling up in the cupboard and, since I don't know of anyone who wants them specifically, my mind turned to selling them, maybe on eBay or something to make a bit of money..

First, is this buying / selling revision notes a done thing?
Second, how much do you think I could get- if anything- for them? :P

Your thoughts would be appreciated, cheers
TWF
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Scan a sample and sell them on Ebay in sets of subjects and stuff. You could make a nice business. Call them something catchy like ''guide to an A'' and they should be sold, no more than £1 I'd guesstimate.
Dusty12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An Irish guy sold his Leaving Certificate revision notes after getting the highest possible grades. He got €3000 for them on eBay, added up.(!!!)
If your notes and grades are good, then go for it!

SOURCE
J4M1ExIRE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yea tho the irish guy's (IM IRISH SO THAT SOUNDS WEIRD) notes were for leaving cert exams which are the same as A level so they would defo get more than yours. But yea go for it, make sure you said you did well in the tests with them.
Dusty12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by J4M1ExIRE)
Yea tho the irish guy's (IM IRISH SO THAT SOUNDS WEIRD) notes were for leaving cert exams which are the same as A level so they would defo get more than yours. But yea go for it, make sure you said you did well in the tests with them.
Ah, yeah I forgot about that. People would definitely pay less for GCSE ones. =/ Still, it's worth a try OP!
Lawstudent 101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as they're your own notes there is nothing wrong with selling them (just like writing and selling a book). At the moment the best place to sell is indeed probably Ebay as has been suggested.

You also might want to put them in pdf form so they look more professional and edit them so they are consistent throughout.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (161)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.92%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.72%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (124)
14.3%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.69%
How can I be the best version of myself? (267)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed