The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Actually dear, to my knowledge, taking triple science and maths does not immediately disadvantage you at all. In fact, you may even say it shows you as a person with broader interests, adding that extra dimension and further shaping you as a person, which I believe is what the universities tend to look for.
I'm aiming to be a medic in the future and hopefully plan on doing Chemistry, Biology (to A2) with either physics or maths for option 3 and either Latin or German for option 4 and have ran this combination through with many of my teachers at my grammar school and they seem to think its perfectly fine... :smile: (sigh. Life is hard)
Reply 21
I am in Year 9 and have chosen my options as follows: bio, chem, physics, maths, further maths, statistics, geo, history, religious studies, eng lang + lit, and music. The confusion is I will sit my French IGCSE in a week and I have to choose either to carry on French to A-level from Year 10-13 or carry on German GCSE to Year 11. Carrying on French would mean I would have only 3 A-level options in sixth form where german would not, but i am less confident in German.

Opinions?
PS. I would like to become a paediatrician or similar in the future.
Is taking physics A2 beneficial for medical school in terms of the medical school curriculum ? DO MED STUDENTS even learn physics in med school ? I took bio chem maths and physics AS and thinking should I drop Physics A2 ?