Does anyone have a chicken & mushroom pie recipe? Watch

kdvg9282
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I am looking for a chicken & mushroom pie recipe - one similar to a Pukka Pie.

I have looked online but none of them seem to turn out like a Pukka Pie - they don't have the same type of sauce, have additional ingredients, only have puff pastry on top (I want it to be like an actual pie, like a base of pastry too) etc...

Anyone able to help me out?

Name:  Large_pie.jpg
Views: 3664
Size:  8.2 KB

Hmm, these are the ingredients on a pukka pie box:

Water, Wheatflour, Margarine (contains Vegetable Fat and Oils, Vegetable Emulsifiers: Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin, Natural Vegetable Colours: Annatto, Curcumin), Chicken (14%), Mushroom (4%), Onion, Modified Maize Starch, Chicken Flavour (contains Celery, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate,Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Rusk, Spices, Natural Flavourings, Herbs), Salt, Pepper.
py0alb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why on earth would you want it to taste like a pukka pie?

This is what I would do anyway:

Make some pastry and put in pie mold.
Fry up some chicken, onions garlic and mushrooms , then add some cream, salt, black pepper, and brandy and mix together.
Put into pie and cook in oven.
Jinkazama
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
like this .....
suzybabyuk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
some years late I know, but I have found the best way to resemble a chicken and mushroom Pukka pie style.
Put mushrooms in a pan and boil with water only, make a roux in another pan with butter and plain flour, add stock from mushrooms and it will thicken, salt and white pepper to taste, there's your pukka type sauce. Add left over cooked chicken and encase or just do a top of puff pastry. It works
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (98)
50%
No (98)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed