The Student Room Group

Need help with all things Journalism?

Scroll to see replies

HAHA, I use word press too my blog: http://candywriter123.wordpress.com/
Reply 481
Is having a blog essential for an aspiring (fashion) journalist? At the risk of sounding lazy, I really just can't be bothered to write things unless it's for a specific purpose e.g. School, work. I know getting into the industry involves getting proactive, but is experience enough to do well?
Yes experience nowadays is one of the main keys in going on the right route of becoming a journalist. However, grades have to be met for going to the uni of your choice or to succeed as a journalist as a whole. A blog will help those around you connect with you and give you advice on future steps on becoming a journalist but it's not necessary
what jobs can i do in this industr(will doing either english lit or psychology affect my chances?) considering i either want to do english literature/english or psychology at uni?

I love reading and writing whether its analytically or creatively.I'm also slightly curious aswell . What would be a good career/job which fits that criteria? I also like helping people aswell.

@Zurich @asha1997 @ChancedTravels
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scrawlx101
what jobs can i do in this industr(will doing either english lit or psychology affect my chances?) considering i either want to do english literature/english or psychology at uni?

I love reading and writing whether its analytically or creatively.I'm also slightly curious aswell . What would be a good career/job which fits that criteria? I also like helping people aswell.

@Zurich @asha1997 @ChancedTravels

I already answered this in your other thread. No, it won't make a difference which degree you do. Just get good work experience and start interning straight away. Just do the one you like better - no one can tell you which to do. Degrees don't really lead to specific careers - that isn't how it works.
Original post by ChancedTravels
I already answered this in your other thread. No, it won't make a difference which degree you do. Just get good work experience and start interning straight away. Just do the one you like better - no one can tell you which to do. Degrees don't really lead to specific careers - that isn't how it works.

will do :smile: going to talk with my teachers about possible careers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending