The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Klinsmannic
Most impressive aspect was the maturity and coolness under pressure we showed throughout, even when Milan tried to wind us up.

Excellent away performance. Every player played their part. Finish off the job at home, and then anything can happen in the Quarters.

CL is where this team belongs.

Couldn't agree more Klins - We showed the kind of intellect and restraint on the big stage to suggest we play there year in year out.

Shame about Woody, it was nice to see him return.

On another note, we really need to change our ticketing system, the Spurs website is completely incapable of handling large amounts of traffic. It was literally impossible to get hold of a Milan ticket.

Massive game against Blackpool next Tuesday...let's hope we can continue the run of form away from home.
Original post by FK
On another note, we really need to change our ticketing system, the Spurs website is completely incapable of handling large amounts of traffic. It was literally impossible to get hold of a Milan ticket.

We really need a new ground tbh. Shame Levy's new WHL plans went from affordable to the complete opposite as soon as the Olympic Stadium option came up.
Reply 202
Original post by rockrunride
We really need a new ground tbh. Shame Levy's new WHL plans went from affordable to the complete opposite as soon as the Olympic Stadium option came up.

I wouldn't right the WHL plans off just yet, I think as much as they were serious about the olympic bid, it was also a ploy to show Haringey council that we are serious about leaving the borough. Levy is a shrewd business man, I wouldn't be suprised to see the council do a u-turn and throw some money at the project.
Original post by FK
Couldn't agree more Klins - We showed the kind of intellect and restraint on the big stage to suggest we play there year in year out.

Shame about Woody, it was nice to see him return.

Massive game against Blackpool next Tuesday...let's hope we can continue the run of form away from home.

Hey welcome back.

Most of us weren't surprised with the outcome of the game- we are still underestimated by a lot of people. Long may it continue.

Yep, really really need to win on Tuesday
Crumbled more than Deshi there tbh, imagine him on Soccer Saturday ffs :adore:
Come on boys.

Anyone actually watching us? :puppyeyes:

Team is:

Gomes
Bassong Gallas Dawson Benoit
Lennon Palacios Modric Pienaar
Pav Defoe

Anyone any idea how long Rafa is out for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Ffs, well done Bassong :facepalm2:

Please don't score the penalty.
FML.
He did.

Edit: 2-0 down now :cry:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 208
So Spurs, true to form you dont give a **** in the crappy bread and butter games........
Come at me, you WUMs.

COME AT ME!!!!!
Reply 211
Think you were trying to emulate us, but forgot about the whole comeback thing at the end. It's kinda crucial you know :console:
We don't deserve to be in the Champions League last sixteen with performances like this; we deserve to be in the ****ing Championship.

This isn't fair.

I never WUM people :cry:

And our GD is now down to +6. This is ridiculous.

Edit: +7. But it's still piss poor.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 213
:awe

:aweso

:awesooooo

:awesome:
Reply 214
In fairness, Thursday nights are a lot more convenient than Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Now I've calmed down, I will make an informed comment as opposed to whining about nothing in particular.

We are deservedly taking the flak for not buying any better quality strikers during the transfer window. Suarez, Aguero, Carroll, nah. Instead rumours flew around Phil ****ing Neville, we manage to get a 35-year old has-been to not even play for us, and another attacking midfielder when an amazing one has been sitting on the bench for almost the entirety of the autumn (no disrespect to Pienaar, Kranjcar is better). Being in the starting XI is like being in a popularity contest unrelated to football.
I have to say your most proven goalscorer was Robbie Keane, but a combination of lack of game-time and maybe poor man-management has led him to take up the loan move to WHU.

Why isn't Defoe starting? Is he injured or something?
He started.
My bad - I didn't see the line-ups for tonight. :colondollar:

He hasn't been starting much lately though? Or am I completely missing him. :sigh:
Reply 219
Original post by Colbert
Crumbled more than Deshi there tbh, imagine him on Soccer Saturday ffs :adore:

:colonhash:

My crumble wasn't as bad as you guys like to make out :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest