Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Watch
Angry Spartan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No doubt some people will need to get their knees checked out at the doctors. Frequent spasms like that can become an issue.

Of course our situation isn't good, but we're sitting 3 points from the Champions League after 12 games. Getting qualification for it is clearly the aim for this season, and we're still far from out of the challenging for it.

Arsenal lost 8-2 to United and finished fourth. United lost 6-1 to City and came second. A thrashing like this came out of no where and means little on how it will affect the rest of our season. Up until today we had the best defence in the league, and it's unlikely we're going to see another result like that (At least I hope).
HenryD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
It's still 100m.

Poorly invested.
So if you sold every member of your team and replaced them with someone in their position for the same price you'd say "well you've spend 100+ million! why aren't you a much better side?" I don't think so.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HenryD)
So if you sold every member of your team and replaced them with someone in their position for the same price you'd say "well you've spend 100+ million! why aren't you a much better side?" I don't think so.
But you didn't do that.

Look. Let's not talk about ifs and buts, let's talk about the facts.

You sold a player for 86m. You've replaced him with **** signings. Soldado 26m .
diggy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The loss doesn't mean anything really humiliating yes but overall spurs are fine imo

Arsenal will probably be humiliated when they go to the Etihad but that will just be a loss of 3 points

Posted from TSR Mobile
HenryD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
But you didn't do that.

Look. Let's not talk about ifs and buts, let's talk about the facts.

You sold a player for 86m. You've replaced him with **** signings. Soldado 26m .
The principle is the same. Yes legs judge one of the most lethal strikers in football on the 12 games he's played in the PL and not his multiple outstanding seasons in La Liga.
glousck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The principle is the same. Yes legs judge one of the most lethal strikers in football on the 12 games he's played in the PL and not his multiple outstanding seasons in La Liga.
:lolwut:
HenryD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by glousck)
:lolwut:
At the start of this season only 2 players had scored more La Liga goals since 2010 than Soldado. They are the 2 best players in the world playing in vastly superior teams to Valencia.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by diggy)
The loss doesn't mean anything really humiliating yes but overall spurs are fine imo

Arsenal will probably be humiliated when they go to the Etihad but that will just be a loss of 3 points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes mate, we look like the kind of team that gets humiliated these days. Kosc/Mert/Sagna/gibbs all over the shop and not a clean sheet in sight :rolleyes:
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The most annoying thing about today was that I had my programme stolen when we were clapping the team off. We, as in me and about ten other people decided to show Dawson that we still love him despite the result. And as I turned to leave, it had gone. I was livid. What kind of person steals programmes?
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
The most annoying thing about today was that I had my programme stolen when we were clapping the team off. We, as in me and about ten other people decided to show Dawson that we still love him despite the result. And as I turned to leave, it had gone. I was livid. What kind of person steals programmes?

Spurs fans are a bit scabby arent they?
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)

Spurs fans are a bit scabby arent they?
Yes.

Some horrible, horrible ****s among your lot too mind.
Gob Bluth
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Yes mate, we look like the kind of team that gets humiliated these days. Kosc/Mert/Sagna/gibbs all over the shop and not a clean sheet in sight :rolleyes:
Spurs hardly looked like they were going to concede 6 seeing as they had conceded 6 in 11 league games beforehand (3 of which were in one game). Not saying Arsenal will be hammered as on this current Arsenal form it's unlikely, but if things changed it isn't incomprehensible for a 2/3 goal margin seeing as Spurs aren't exactly bad.
mrdoovde1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At the start of this season only 2 players had scored more La Liga goals since 2010 than Soldado. They are the 2 best players in the world playing in vastly superior teams to Valencia.
Out of Penaldado's 59 league goals in Spain, only 1 was scored outside the box...

Wouldn't call him lethal the same way I would could Chicharito lethal even though he has a goal to minute ratio similar to that of Henry's.
HenryD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mrdoovde1)
Out of Penaldado's 59 league goals in Spain, only 1 was scored outside the box...

Wouldn't call him lethal the same way I would could Chicharito lethal even though he has a goal to minute ratio similar to that of Henry's.
Why does it matter where he scores them? That's a completely irrelevant point, a goal is a goal. On what basis would you call Chicharito (is he still alive?) more lethal?
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As much as I am at odds with Alan Shearer for his ridiculous views regarding penalties among other things ('you're entitled to go down if there's contact'), I had to agree with him regarding Soldado on MOTD2 last night. He indeed scored all but a few goals for Valencia last season from inside the penalty area. So what we've got is a poacher, an upgrade on Defoe. This isn't necessarily bad, if you play to his strengths, but we didn't. Could really have done with Lennon cutting in less, and Dembélé starting (he had a great partnership with Sandro last season). I know Lamela likes playing on the right, but then his style contradicts Soldado's. We need more out and out wingers like Townsend in order to reap Soldado's strengths.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why does it matter where he scores them? That's a completely irrelevant point, a goal is a goal. On what basis would you call Chicharito (is he still alive?) more lethal?
Agree with this.

Chicharito and Soldado are almost the same. Pretty terrible at all other faces of the game bar poaching which in itself isn't a bad thing much like how he only scores from close by. Gerd Muller made a living just scoring from the penalty box or closer yet he's still rated pretty highly :lol:
username975836
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by diggy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can think of at least four goals yesterday that were defensive **** ups and I can't see Arsenal being anywhere near that bad as to inflict such a defeat on themselves. Navas' first was obviously the fault of Lloris, for Aguero's first Lamela didn't even try to stop the cross, Negredo's second was the result of **** all pressure on the ball and Aguero's second was obviously Dawson's fault. Keep comforting yourself with that though.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Agree with this.

Chicharito and Soldado are almost the same. Pretty terrible at all other faces of the game bar poaching which in itself isn't a bad thing much like how he only scores from close by.
Yeah but one was a punt who turned out good, the other cost the best part of 30m. If you're buying poachers for 30m they'd better be van Nistelrooy levels.
Gob Bluth
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spurs just aren't playing to Soldado's strengths as Rockrun said. They are able to control games, and if they found a striker to fit their system they'd be pretty formidable imo.
mrdoovde1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Didn't say it matters, but you claimed he was this 'lethal' players as if he could score 30 yards screamer and dribble past 7 players before finding the back of the net.

Negredo was available at the time for roughly the same price and is much better than Soldado. You spent £27m on a player is is 28 and has reached his peak; cant see him getting much better...but heh, be thankful you didn't go for Fellaini.

EDIT: Just realised Negredo cost £16m. Wow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.88%
I'm not a current university student (629)
48.91%

Watched Threads