The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only one who thinks rose will never be good enough
I have to say your support was rather dire, some supporters giving it large once you took the lead.... seemingly ignorant of the fact yous rake in 200 times what Rovers do, at least. That was the one and only time I'll chant Arsenal....

Stewards were shocking, sending us to the wrong turnstiles. Apparently there was overcrowding issues in the away section.

But at the end when the stadium was emptying the Rovers goal was played about three times on the big screen. Nice touch. :yy:
Kev is Irish football very different to English in that it's more technical? I was shocked by how well Rovers kept the ball, better than some PL clubs..
Hard for me to say if its more technical, as I haven't seen a league match for about four years, but Rovers are the best passing side in the league. I'd say the one major difference, besides obviously better players, is fitness, tbh.
Best support I've seen at WHL for a long time..

carroll and Townsend impressed for me, would've liked to see falque (loan?!) and kane start though :frown:
Reply 945
Very impressed from everyone in that team yesterday. My only problem is, if only Townsend got even HALF the amount of chances and starts as Danny Rose has for England u21 AND Tottenham, he could be even better now. I really don't see Danny Rose being that great. I don't mind him as a full back though.
I have to say I found it weird that they decided to leave a block empty in the South Stand, between Spurs fans and 'neutrals'.

Oh, and nothing to do with the club, but Tottenham is a hole.
Original post by Kevmeister
I have to say I found it weird that they decided to leave a block empty in the South Stand, between Spurs fans and 'neutrals'.

Oh, and nothing to do with the club, but Tottenham is a hole.

Agree on both counts though I'm rather used to the latter.
Steve wilson's preview of tomorrow reckons there's only one player that's scored for both sides in the NLD..

The judas?
Original post by Glennith
Steve wilson's preview of tomorrow reckons there's only one player that's scored for both sides in the NLD..

The judas?

Not him. :iiam: though I'm trying to research it.
Reply 950
Original post by jermaindefoe
Am I the only one who thinks rose will never be good enough

danny rose?
Original post by DJTom
danny rose?

Yeh
Reply 952
Yeh

I mean it's pretty unfair to say that considering his last game was his return from injury - which is always a tough game for players. I think he could be a very good LB.
Original post by dn013
I mean it's pretty unfair to say that considering his last game was his return from injury - which is always a tough game for players. I think he could be a very good LB.

not really - he has never done anything of note at left wing, even England under 21's tbh

i am not judging him at lb as he has played few games there, i am talking about a natural out and out LW
Reply 954
Yeh

i think he is quite good so i disagree to the person he is rubbush.
Reply 955
not really - he has never done anything of note at left wing, even England under 21's tbh

i am not judging him at lb as he has played few games there, i am talking about a natural out and out LW

Towards the end of last season he was very good on the left for Spurs though...
Original post by dn013
Towards the end of last season he was very good on the left for Spurs though...

time will tell - just my opinion of course
Reply 957
time will tell - just my opinion of course

Yea, well I mean I don't think Danny Rose will be the next Barca left back or anything, but I think he could be quite a good attacking LB in the future. Needs to mature a bit and get more game time.

Time will tell, anyway let's celebrate this victory. Kyle Walker repeating his AVL goal.
Overall today we were generally well matched by Arsenal, though Scotty bossed the midfield and made Arteta and Ramsey look like Championship regulars. Defensively shaky as I had predicted; Benny needs to shape up or be left on the bench, and Younes is not making much of a claim to a hold on his position for when Daws/Billy gets back. However the Arse's back four were just as bad if not worse than ours and the real battle was won in midfield. Handball/red card claims on VDV were pathetic tbh.
Wilshere shouldn't tweet when Arsenal are playing.....

Quick Reply

Latest