Report 9 years ago
Capitalism :sigh:
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by V1NY)
Aguero latest - we're told he must pay tax on top of the contract he buys out and Aguero's not willing to pay it.
AFAIK, spanish 'buy out clauses' are not the same as we think of them. Aguero must buy himself out of his contract, not the club, for £45m. Only problem is, once he has 45m in his bank to pay A.Madrid, he's liable to 40% tax.

Which brings it closer to 60m.

Spurs are goign striker crazy atm..
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apparently you guys have bidded for Forlan. Athletico Madrid must hate you
R-KAM
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Apparently you guys have bidded for Forlan. Athletico Madrid must hate you
Atleti are probably just ":facepalm2:"

And Harry saying your team is knackered :erm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/9381696.stm
forsaken_earth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
harry just likes buying people.
we could do with a good striker but he should sell someone first. like pav, or crouch.
dn013
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by forsaken_earth)
harry just likes buying people.
we could do with a good striker but he should sell someone first. like pav, or crouch.
Can't sell Crouch. I just bought his jersey, it wouldn't be fair if he were to leave the club so soon.
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Reports suggest you lot are closing in on Rossi who used to play for Man United.
Glennith
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dn013)
Can't sell Crouch. I just bought his jersey, it wouldn't be fair if he were to leave the club so soon.
:lolwut: why?
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
fook me, we do need a striker, and no way levvy would let keane go without having something up his sleeve
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOL I just typed in rossi into google and my first search result was a wiki one "Giuseppe Rossi (born 1 February 1987) is an American-born Italian footballer who plays for English club Tottenham Hotspur" :facepalm2: - click the link and it actually says "Spanish club Villarreal CF" :laugh:
Glennith
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
LOL I just typed in rossi into google and my first search result was a wiki one "Giuseppe Rossi (born 1 February 1987) is an American-born Italian footballer who plays for English club Tottenham Hotspur" :facepalm2: - click the link and it actually says "Spanish club Villarreal CF" :laugh:
The wiki page? Scroll down, it says he signed for us for 30mil pending a medical.

Well, it did earlier.. :erm:
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
'arry is such a wheeler dealer prick. So much for leaving after training.....but we all knew that :laugh:
Glennith
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Modric out for 2 weeks, :cry:
jklmn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Glennith)
Modric out for 2 weeks, :cry:
Well, we've got no defensive midfielders that should be in the team but I can see Harry opting for a Jenas, Palacios CM partnership...:facepalm:
I'd like to see a 4-4-2 again (Pav, Defoe up-top, Kranjcar, VDV CM), and just attack, attack, attack in the hope we score more than we let in.
Sandra1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its sad that there are 2 goalkeepers on the bench tonight because of all the injury problems
Cities
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did any of you keep an eye on Hoilett during the match? I've only watched him once properly, but every time on MOTD he seems pacey, direct and powerful, looks to have real potential.
Cities
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just wikipedia'd him and he's only a couple of months older than me. How do these guys become so successful so early :dry:
jklmn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Did any of you keep an eye on Hoilett during the match? I've only watched him once properly, but every time on MOTD he seems pacey, direct and powerful, looks to have real potential.
He looks very promising, but tonight didn't really do much iirc, maybe one or two runs but nothing of note.
Glennith
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jklmn)
Well, we've got no defensive midfielders that should be in the team but I can see Harry opting for a Jenas, Palacios CM partnership...:facepalm:
I'd like to see a 4-4-2 again (Pav, Defoe up-top, Kranjcar, VDV CM), and just attack, attack, attack in the hope we score more than we let in.
Palacios is more important than people realise, When he first came everyone was all :dice: if he just rediscovers a little bit of that form, he'll be class again.

I maintain my stance that jenas is a good player. Potentially.

442 does seem the way forward atm tbh, we are a defensive team.
jklmn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Glennith)
Palacios is more important than people realise, When he first came everyone was all :dice: if he just rediscovers a little bit of that form, he'll be class again.

I maintain my stance that jenas is a good player. Potentially.

442 does seem the way forward atm tbh, we are a defensive team.
Palacios was class, but just isn't the player he was. To start with he made good challenges, and passed well, but then when trying to be clever gave the ball away a few times very cheaply, but I hope he gets back to his former-self.

Jenas was good last night, did very well, just needs to do that with a bit of consistancy.

We need two stirkers up-top, or it just doesn't happen somehow, VDV can play anywhere as he's that good, so doesn't need to play in a 4-5-1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.1%
I'm not sure (8)
3.9%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (72)
35.12%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.46%
I'm not a current university student (89)
43.41%

Watched Threads