This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
i thougth word asscoiation might not enjoy the same asfeguarding tho...
ah sorry, well it does seem to be the only thread capable of challenging HP, but already people are beginning to tire of it. I doubt I've even got 30 on that one. Sorry about that mate, my mistake.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
ah sorry, well it does seem to be the only thread capable of challenging HP, but already people are beginning to tire of it. I doubt I've even got 30 on that one. Sorry about that mate, my mistake.
no worries
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Ah bugger it. I guess that takes my newbie status away from me. Does helping a couple of more experienced members do that?
Ok Sire, since you know quite a bit of stuff, could youtell me why some envelopes are yellow, some red, and some grey?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Oh man, I have 16 posts on that thread. I'd hoped I'd posted less on it. Oh well will justhave to make up forit, just in case the thread's deleted.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Ok Sire, since you know quite a bit of stuff, could youtell me why some envelopes are yellow, some red, and some grey?
That was explained once. Grey is a normal one. Grey with a black dot, you have posted on previously. Can't remember yellow. Red is a hot thread of 30+ posts, but that dates back to a time when getting 30 posts on a thread was extremely rare. Something about the lines coming out of the envelope too, but I can't remember it either.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yellow and red means unread posts in that thread
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
That was explained once. Grey is a normal one. Grey with a black dot, you have posted on previously. Can't remember yellow. Red is a hot thread of 30+ posts, but that dates back to a time when getting 30 posts on a thread was extremely rare. Something about the lines coming out of the envelope too, but I can't remember it either.
How come the HP thread is only a grey envelope? Maybe the lines coming out represent the threads which are most popular, in terms of views.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Yellow and red means unread posts in that thread
Oh ok, it's weird about how little I actually do know. I just never bothered asking about the envelopes, and just tried to guess what they meant.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh ok, it's weird about how little I actually do know. I just never bothered asking about the envelopes, and just tried to guess what they meant.
Good luck finding it in the FAQ. I got nowhere, but I was a bit tired and impatient when I tried. Still it was enough to make sure I didn't try again.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Only 85 posts. I used to knock that over in about an hour once lol. Well perhaps a bit longer.
Only 44 posts left to reach that higher status!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Only 44 posts left to reach that higher status!

hehe, 52 now. looks like a thread got deleted.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
hehe, 52 now. looks like a thread got deleted.
Oh whoops, I think I miscounted. I meant 54.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh whoops, I think I miscounted. I meant 54.
46 and counting. c'mon. You can do it
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think think everyone should have personalised titles, like there used to be. It would make life more interesting. :rolleyes:
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
I think think everyone should have personalised titles, like there used to be. It would make life more interesting. :rolleyes:
you wernt here!

and it wasnt interesting, just annoying
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (228)
61.29%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.3%
No- I want it (103)
27.69%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.72%

Watched Threads