This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
this is wierd. On tripod, its only suppose to go into search engine's if you pay for it, and yet, when i type iluvatar10, my url comes up!
Well... that and four random posts from uk-learning. Any idea why only a few posts come up, rather than all of them or something?
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
this is wierd. On tripod, its only suppose to go into search engine's if you pay for it, and yet, when i type iluvatar10, my url comes up!
Well... that and four random posts from uk-learning. Any idea why only a few posts come up, rather than all of them or something?
The same with me. I get one or 2 of my posts coming up (I think from the HP thread), and a post on this other website from ages ago about the environment.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe, i just ran my name thru (rednirt) and it came up with hits here, and on my website! yay, I'm so happy.. I'm also on a funny japanese page about rocks tho =s
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
The same with me. I get one or 2 of my posts coming up (I think from the HP thread), and a post on this other website from ages ago about the environment.
Yeah. And yahoo and lycos bring up nothing, excelt some other forum i've never heard of, with some person using iluvatar10 as a username...
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm. Perhaps there is a limit of some kind, or perhaps the post has to specifically mention your name. Though I've seen your name in posts more than 4 times. Interesting, anyone got a better idea than I do? elpaw?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Typing 'Mr White' into Google finds a link to one of my old posts (on page 3 or so) - I feel like a celebrity.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
Hmm. Perhaps there is a limit of some kind, or perhaps the post has to specifically mention your name. Though I've seen your name in posts more than 4 times. Interesting, anyone got a better idea than I do? elpaw?
well, the iluvatar10 thing it picks up is in my sig!
So surely it should pick up all my posts.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or Iluvatar is mentioned on the tenth page of 4 threads?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Typing 'Mr White' into Google finds a link to one of my old posts (on page 3 or so) - I feel like a celebrity.
Me too. But mine also says that there are omitted results (casue there are soooooooooooooooo many ).
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, google doesn't cache/display every single match up because they are similar, as in if search for a web site name, it doesn't display all its images.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776 2)
No, google doesn't cache/display every single match up because they are similar, as in if search for a web site name, it doesn't display all its images.
Well i clicked on the show similar results, and thats when the four posts came up. Before, yes, it was only one.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
when i ran mine again with omitted results incuded it ame up with almost every single one of my posts here... i had 10 pages of results, it was like sooooo cool
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
when i ran mine again with omitted results incuded it ame up with almost every single one of my posts here... i had 10 pages of results, it was like sooooo cool
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...sire+ukl&meta=
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by rednirt)
When searching specifically on uk-learning, on google for my name, it can only find 551 with ommited posts included (out of approximately 1300!!!)
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Huh! nothing comes up, except a blank page with the google stuff on it.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
damn it. I could only find two posts by me, and they were on that. nevermind though
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
damn it. I could only find two posts by me, and they were on that. nevermind though
when i type "elpaw" in i get "let's all worship elpaw"
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
someone hasn't been reading the alternative FAQ
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
when i type "elpaw" in i get "let's all worship elpaw"
A quite humerous thread involving about 13 posts.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (150)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.45%
No- I want it (69)
27.94%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads