The Student Room Group

7 month relationship ended via text

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend just ended a seven month relationship over text, after knowing each other for just under a year and being together for a little over seven months.

The reasons were:
Because I go clubbing, i'm now 18,- but i've been 3 times since the start ofn December,- not exactly alot.
Because I'm selfish,- i'm not comfortable with my sexuality and don't like kissing him in public often or holding hands, which I've said from the start, yet most days I still do kiss in public once or twice, but I really hate it,- why do I want to force my sexuality down the throats of others.
Because of "other guys",- which there are none of.

I feel so empty right now, lost and confused, sick and ****. I don't understand, i've never spent so much time, money or effort with anyone. He, until two days ago, was so full on.

Does anyone else think this is cold?

he is insecure....obviously.....let it go...
Reply 41
Original post by int_applicant
he is insecure....obviously.....let it go...

I should, thank you.
Time to focus on my future and people worthwhile
Reply 42
Original post by supernova92
errr no it doesn't :curious:

Yes it does.
Reply 43
Original post by TravelGuru
Yes it does.

Why does that even matter, I never once said it didn't happen to anyone else.
Irrelevance.
That is cold yes. The least he could have done was given you a face to face explanation. Unless you guys live hours and hours apart, then sending a message to dump you is just cowardly. Clearly he didn't have the guts to say things to your face.

You're better off without someone like that. It will hurt for a while, but give yourself time for you to get over it, eventually you'll start feeling better :smile: Oh, and no holding out that you'll get back together, it'll take you longer to get over it in the long run.

Oh btw, don't take this forum too personally. It's full of insensitive ********s.
What a dick! That's not cool.. you'll soon realise you're better off without him i'm sure!
Why does that even matter, I never once said it didn't happen to anyone else.
Irrelevance.

We never said you did, jeez stop PMS'ing, this is the reason he probably dumped you.
Reply 47

The sad thing is, picking all my UCAS choices, I checked the distance from his house and travel arrangements, a fool I am.

For a 7 months relationship..?! Wow.

And meh, dumping via text is so cowardly and lame. Anyone over 16 should know better.
I hope you don't mind me mentioning but this is what I think you should do

-delete his phone no from your phone.
-block his texts and calls
-unfriend him from facebook
-wash him out of your hair by going to the hairdressers and getting a FANTASTIC haircut
-go home for the weekend and have 'flu' and explain to your mum that you are unavailable for phone calls from any males as you have flu.

If he tracks you down, when you get back, explain that if he wants to get back with you he will have to do MEGA stuff like take you out and pay a minimum of 7 times and something really special on valentines as well.

He simply hasn't been doing enough for you so far. You are worth so much more.
:call2:
My Douche-bag senses are tingling
Reply 50
By text? That's a slap in the face. But ask yourself, do you regret this decision, really? Would you rather be with him trying to dictate your life, or make you feel bad about yourself by being 'selfish'?
Reply 51
Original post by mummyperson
I hope you don't mind me mentioning but this is what I think you should do

-delete his phone no from your phone.
-block his texts and calls
-unfriend him from facebook
-wash him out of your hair by going to the hairdressers and getting a FANTASTIC haircut
-go home for the weekend and have 'flu' and explain to your mum that you are unavailable for phone calls from any males as you have flu.

If he tracks you down, when you get back, explain that if he wants to get back with you he will have to do MEGA stuff like take you out and pay a minimum of 7 times and something really special on valentines as well.

He simply hasn't been doing enough for you so far. You are worth so much more.
:call2:

I've just paid like £50+ for my new haircut :/
All my clothes I brought for him, to look good for him aha.
I can't not speak to him now though, but I know that's what I need to do.
Oh jeez, thank you though, brilliant help!
Reply 52
Original post by Roo Bix
By text? That's a slap in the face. But ask yourself, do you regret this decision, really? Would you rather be with him trying to dictate your life, or make you feel bad about yourself by being 'selfish'?

If being with him meant i'd be happier, which it would, yes. In an instant.
Reply 53
If being with him meant i'd be happier, which it would, yes. In an instant.

You have to understand, that he has to understand, that you've just turned 18. It's clear to me from this post that your loyalty is with him however, have a discussion with him, it possibly just petty insecurity.
Reply 54
Original post by Roo Bix
You have to understand, that he has to understand, that you've just turned 18. It's clear to me from this post that your loyalty is with him however, have a discussion with him, it possibly just petty insecurity.

I just feel hollow, unwanted and like i've not done the best I could have done, it was my choices and bad decisions which caused this, I failed to keep him happy.
Reply 55
I just feel hollow, unwanted and like i've not done the best I could have done, it was my choices and bad decisions which caused this, I failed to keep him happy.

You're naturally going to blame and question yourself though, aren't you? But think realistically, he dumped you over text, he's not perfect either.
Reply 56
Original post by Roo Bix
You're naturally going to blame and question yourself though, aren't you? But think realistically, he dumped you over text, he's not perfect either.

Thanks, you're such a great help, ah, best cheeryupy person ever.
Reply 57
Thanks, you're such a great help, ah, best cheeryupy person ever.

How sweet! :hugs:
try 4 years over text :P
:lolwut: are you gay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending