The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Lolz. Go to Durham and if I'm there, you'll be sure there's at least one extreme 'un-rah' person there :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
lilsunflower
Lolz. Go to Durham and if I'm there, you'll be sure there's at least one extreme 'un-rah' person there :smile:

tee hee ditto
If I get in you'll hear me taking them off constantly!
That's what I did at the open day, I was talking ot one and this voice just came out. It was going well until I realised she played violin (something I was pretending I did) and it went downhill from there!
Peapod
tee hee ditto
If I get in you'll hear me taking them off constantly!
That's what I did at the open day, I was talking ot one and this voice just came out. It was going well until I realised she played violin (something I was pretending I did) and it went downhill from there!

OMG!! You're so funny :smile: and brave too. Being an outsider to the entire English system, I'm probably the strangest thing in Durham, since very very few people from this part of the world go there.

Hope to meet you there if you get in!! :smile: Take care
Reply 23
Is St Chad's really rah-y?
pikaboo

BTW I get the gist of what a rah is, but why 'rah'.. is it an acronym?
Reply 25
lilsunflower
BTW I get the gist of what a rah is, but why 'rah'.. is it an acronym?

I think it stands for Rich Ass Hole lol
pikaboo
I think it stands for Rich Ass Hole lol

Muahahahhaha... now I'm laughing.
Reply 27
pikaboo

I get the impression some colleges are more rah-y but the ratio of rahs to non rahs is pretty good, so yuo will probably only meet a few.
Reply 28
Why the rah thing with Durham? Just Durham?
Hi-
Got an unconditional offer today to study Law, Hatfield College...
...I don't really mind about the 'rah' thing. You're going to find rahs at any top university. As has been said, mockery of Hatfield students is mostly light-hearted.

I don't mind, i don't think i can really be classed as a rah :wink:
Reply 30
presebjenada
Hey, just seeking out new people... I just got an offer to read sociology etc. at Hatfield.. wondered if anyone has any opinions on hatfield as well..

I'm off to University College to study Geology. Durham isn't as bad as it seems. I live near there, and it's neither cold or rah-like. It's just a small, friendly city with lots of hills *lol*.

Hatfirled does have a bit of a reputation for being hated by the other colleges..but if it wasn't Hatfield, it would be someone else:wink: I remember once when my friend's brother stole the door off one of the Hatfield rooms and took it back to Hild Bede-lmao.
They give as good as they take.
Reply 31
I'd never heard the word "rah" before I came across these message boards...so far i've gathered that rah's are rich and posh...are they supposed to have anything else other than this wrong with them though? I can't really see a reason why someone couldn't be a rah, and still be perfectly likeable...hmmm, I suspect I'll learn more on the subject of "rahs" once I'm in Durham...

xxx
(future St. Mary's student)
Reply 32
to be fair 'rahs' will exist in every single uni u go to won't they? i'd have thought more so in the so-called 'elite' unis- if not rich, then definitely an ass-hole, some of the people i've met/heard about who considered applying are so unbelievably stuck-up.

i think the idea of a rah is that they're not likeable, because theyre rich (and clever) and they full well know it.

didn't realise durham had a rep for attracting rah's- always seemed like a nice down-to-earth place from what i've seen/heard

Latest