This discussion is closed.
Fahad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What is behind this religion? How do you live like a christian? What do you believe in? I'm interested in christianity. If you are one, please post your views back.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Basically, if you want to be a Catholic, you get baptised. That's about it. There is no need to be religous or particularly dedicated (only 1/10th of Catholics go to mass more than once a year).
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You get to tell sad jokes like this...
Who was the only one not happy to see the prodigul (sp) son return???
A = The fatted calf.
Fahad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
seriously?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
seriously?
Basically, yes. Although some people proceed to take First Holy Communion at age 9, and then Confirmation at around 16, most Catholics are baptised by their parents when they are still babies, and have no involvement with the church afterwards.

(I assume that you were addressing me)
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Basically, if you want to be a Catholic, you get baptised. That's about it. There is no need to be religous or particularly dedicated (only 1/10th of Catholics go to mass more than once a year).
A christian is slighty differnt to a catholic Mr. White. Roman Catholic is only one of the many different sectors within the Christian family. There is also methodists, angliacans, orthodox etc. They follow slightly different lives and have differnt believes. Like you said few catholics go to church on a regular basis now adays but other sectors of the church also vary in the amount of times they attend church.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
What is behind this religion? How do you live like a christian? What do you believe in? I'm interested in christianity. If you are one, please post your views back.
My friend, why dont you post your inquiry into the proper forum? Here is one...

http://www.thebereans.net/forum/index.php
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
A christian is slighty differnt to a catholic Mr. White. Roman Catholic is only one of the many different sectors within the Christian family. There is also methodists, angliacans, orthodox etc. They follow slightly different lives and have differnt believes. Like you said few catholics go to church on a regular basis now adays but other sectors of the church also vary in the amount of times they attend church.
Well, I'm a catholic, and being closed-minded, I don't really care about the other denominations.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Well, I'm a catholic, and being closed-minded, I don't really care about the other denominations.
Lol I am also catholic. But there is also sectors within the catholic church too. I went to a Jesuit school, you?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ANyway to answer the question my old school probably has some catholic promotional material on in Fahad. Its the most famous catholic school in the country. Enjoy.

''www.stonyhurst.ac.uk''
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Lol I am also catholic. But there is also sectors within the catholic church too. I went to a Jesuit school, you?
Catholic school (despite coming from a predominantly Jewish family).
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi. I'm a christian, a methodist in fact.
To me, Jesus started Christianity off, and all that's caused the divisions within Christianity is people trying to be better than others. Which is really what is happening again today (both inside and outside of the church).

If you want to know more, give us a bell (pm me or someting) and I'll get back to you whenever I can.

Lyd
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads