The Student Room Group

Has anybody ever written "lol" in any exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Linweth
Not sure if that is something to be proud of.

Its lighthearted and the person seems content with a C so no harm in sharing a funny story :tongue:
Reply 61
Original post by yourworstnightmare
Quite simply the title, "lol" or "lmao" or anything of the sort could have been used in any context.

Just curious to see if anybody on TSR or knows anybody irl that has written "lol" in an exam.

Please state which subject and the grade you obtained.

LOL.. no :smile:

But I've written **** and **** on an EU Law paper. :biggrin:
Reply 62
Yeah, in year 9 maths SATS. Had a question I didn't understand so just put
:smile: lol

Apparently got 8A aswell :ahee:
In the recent AS biology unit 1 exam, when asked to name a bond, my friend panicked and named it Chuck Norris.
Reply 64
General Studies AS, managed to get 'lol' and 'f*** the police' in, got an A, that's how pointless General Studies is!!!
Reply 65
My friend in our engineering GCSE exam wrote or connected every answer to Chuck Norris. For the drawing question, he drew an ipod with Chuck Norris on it.. etc. School didn't teach us anything and 80% got a U on that paper, but our head of year refused to believe that we didn't even know we had an exam until three days before and got all the papers that got U's back - needless to say, he got alot of detentions..
Reply 66
I sketched little funny faces on my GCSE citizenship exam paper. :colondollar: They were really cute as well.
Reply 67
I used the phrase LOL and a variety of quotes from Mock the Week and Have I Got News for You in my AS Government and Politics exam :smile:
Came out with an A haha

And no I'm not lying, AQA Unit 1 is mostly voting behaviour and public/media opinion so these were genuine sources and quotes :biggrin: (granted the LOL was just for the banter)
(edited 13 years ago)
In my physics exam the question was something like how is the electron able to move faster and i said magic lol. i got an A

In the french exam it asked what the boy wnated to be in the future and i just wrote he wanted to be a mango on a mango tree in in a village in india
Got a D
Reply 69
Yes, I wrote it in an A2 History exam.
The exam was about the history of Northern Ireland, and by LOL I meant Loyal Orange Lodge :colonhash:

Still :colonhash:
Reply 70
If ever in maths the number "101" is used, i'll always write it as lol as it essentially looks the same.

lolz
yes i have written lol and lmao and hehe and many other things but only in one exam i knew i was gonna fail so i made it fun :wink: i got an E holla
Reply 72
Original post by Linweth
Not sure if that is something to be proud of.

what the C? it's a pass so i'm pretty happy considering at the time i was told that 'there is no such thing as dyslexia' by my english teacher (they have to refer you to get tested) so was not referred to learning support. i have since been tested and am dyslexic, so i'll take that pass with pride :wink:
In a further maths exam, I was just starting to develop what I'd later find out was a migraine (I'd go on to completely lose vision during this exam), and the question was to find X.

Don't know if you've ever had a migraine, but it confuses you and you can't think properly. So, I couldn't remember how to find X, I could only remember a really ****ty joke from my father about you find X (eggs) by going to the supermarket. So I wrote that down in lieu of an actual answer.

I only got 37% on that exam ... but then, I only did about 40% of it before I couldn't see or process words anymore, so proportion-wise that's not so bad.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah I still remember my Year 9 Sats exam...I was a bit of a rebel back then, my vocab didnt stretch far beyond "lol lmfao wtf k".
I was barely capable of writing a correctly spelt word with more than 4 letters in it.

Still got a level 6 [Not bad not bad...]. Hmm.... :mmm:
Someone I know wrote "Superman says it, so it must be true" (with accompanying illustration) in the Int 2 Chemistry prelim, and I know several people who quoted song lyrics in the GCSE RS prelim. The person who had the superman thing also said in a GCSE RS question about abortion law in the UK that doctors had to wear gloves.

You might be guessing that RS, being compulsory and all, isn't taken seriously by everyone at my school :wink:.
no, but me & a bunch of people in my RE class drew cupcakes on the 7th page of the exam paper to try and 'freak out the examiner'.

I could have written FML for every single question in maths yesterday.
Original post by TheSownRose
In a further maths exam, I was just starting to develop what I'd later find out was a migraine (I'd go on to completely lose vision during this exam), and the question was to find X.

Don't know if you've ever had a migraine, but it confuses you and you can't think properly. So, I couldn't remember how to find X, I could only remember a really ****ty joke from my father about you find X (eggs) by going to the supermarket. So I wrote that down in lieu of an actual answer.

I only got 37% on that exam ... but then, I only did about 40% of it before I couldn't see or process words anymore, so proportion-wise that's not so bad.

I used to get horrible migranes and what you said is pretty much my worst fear when it comes to exam time!
Well I've written lollipop

Does that count?
Original post by ElMoro
Yeah, in year 9 maths SATS. Had a question I didn't understand so just put
:smile: lol

Apparently got 8A aswell :ahee:

You messed around in SATS?
You're hardcore.

Quick Reply