Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    My dam university library!
    For mothly loans its 20p a day
    Weekly loans its 50p a Day
    3hrly short loans its £2 an hour.
    why don't you just borrow them for a month and then give them back the next day. then again, what libraries charge you to borrow books? i thought they were free, especially in universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    why don't you just borrow them for a month and then give them back the next day. then again, what libraries charge you to borrow books? i thought they were free, especially in universities.
    I'm pretty you can only borrow a book for the time deemed by the library, some books will be marked full loan, others will be marked short term loan. Books are free to borrow too I think, as long as you return them on time.

ReputationRep:
    My uni has those pretty hefty fines of 50p per day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    My library seems to be imitating Fort Knox as of late. They've introduced a fingerprint check out system.

Well, thumb in my case – apparently my fingerprints aren’t good enough. Still though, I suppose that’ll be mildly useful if I ever decide to become a petty thief.
    That's like my old school, in our final year they brought in finger printing for the library. I said I'd rather not get out any library books than give them my finger prints, but then again I was always quite a paranoid schoolchild...

ReputationRep:
    No u were right to be suspicious Pegasus - once they have ur fingerprints they have u on file and will own ur ass forever

ReputationRep:
    i hate librarians, get shouted at every day *our library is called the learning resource centre* and they have this stupid rule of only 4 people per huge table (well not huge, but you can fit 8 easily) + they don't realise our college is boring and cold and the lrc is warm and comfy and they know that we only pretend to have work in front of us...tsk

our college fines you if your book is overdue- one of my friends got out a psychology textbook at the beginning of first year, and she won't return it until they have a *bring back your book today and we'll cancel the fine*day...

hehe, does anyone else have a security system in their library like in shops and it beeps if you take out a book that's not signed out? it's so much fun, cos you can hide books in people's bag and then they get all embarrassed when it beeps...

wow, rambling entry.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I got yelled at today and banned from the library today for overdue books Then my friend got yelled at for taking books out for me
    My librarian is such a *****. For some reason she hates me very...very...much it's scary. i think it's because when asked to choose between being a library or english department prefect i chose english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    No u were right to be suspicious Pegasus - once they have ur fingerprints they have u on file and will own ur ass forever
    Just as I suspected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i hate librarians, get shouted at every day *our library is called the learning resource centre* and they have this stupid rule of only 4 people per huge table (well not huge, but you can fit 8 easily) + they don't realise our college is boring and cold and the lrc is warm and comfy and they know that we only pretend to have work in front of us...tsk

our college fines you if your book is overdue- one of my friends got out a psychology textbook at the beginning of first year, and she won't return it until they have a *bring back your book today and we'll cancel the fine*day...

hehe, does anyone else have a security system in their library like in shops and it beeps if you take out a book that's not signed out? it's so much fun, cos you can hide books in people's bag and then they get all embarrassed when it beeps...

wow, rambling entry.

lou xxx
    Hey, that's a lot like our college!!
    Its also called an LRC becuase, as they keep telling us its "more than just a library!!" stfu(!)

Also have a 4 people table rule and if you don't obey it the heffa...uh sorry I meant librarian comes and shouts at you.

And with the security system its also fun not to just to put one book in someones bag but to see just how many books you can get in peoples bags. On my last day I'd like to try and drag a bookcase out and then when they the alarm goes off look at them in a completley baffeled way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I got yelled at today and banned from the library today for overdue books Then my friend got yelled at for taking books out for me
    you rebel

ReputationRep:
    i just paid 15.65 to the philosophy faculty library in fines :mad:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    i just paid 15.65 to the philosophy faculty library in fines :mad:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    You could probably buy the book for cheaper than that! heh, reminds me ofthe simpsons:

Librarian to Rev Lovejoy: You checked out this this Bible everyday for the last 9 years, wouldn't it be easier to buy a copy yourself?

Rev Lovejoy: Perhaps, on a librarian's salary.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.