Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Darkstreber)
The best Manga ever ??????????????

May may not what mean you ???
This should be in the subforum.

Anyways, I have only seen the anime but I fell in love with it completely. And Narusegawa Naru is certainly one hot babe!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't mean to cause offence - but am I alone in thinking anime is a very poor form of animation?
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I don't mean to cause offence - but am I alone in thinking anime is a very poor form of animation?
No it ain't. Have you even seen ANY anime before? And I'm not talking about the crappy Yu-Gi-Oh they show on Toonami. I'm talking about proper anime from Japan.
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
No it ain't. Have you even seen ANY anime before? And I'm not talking about the crappy Yu-Gi-Oh they show on Toonami. I'm talking about proper anime from Japan.
Perhaps I'm biased, I just have an abhorrence for Pokemon.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Perhaps I'm biased, I just have an abhorrence for Pokemon.
Yea, PROPER anime you can see in Japan are 10 times better than the horribly English-dubbed anime they show here.
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've nearly finished watching the series on DVD, and love it! *Points at her avatar.*

As for Alec, that's fine if you don't like anime - no one's forcing you to like it and it's your opinion. However, post on an anti-anime thread, not a pro-anime thread!
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I've nearly finished watching the series on DVD, and love it! *Points at her avatar.*

As for Alec, that's fine if you don't like anime - no one's forcing you to like it and it's your opinion. However, post on an anti-anime thread, not a pro-anime thread!
Yay! You into anime as well? I would love to be your friend! And very a nice avatar there!
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yay! You into anime as well? I would love to be your friend! And very nice avatar there!
I love yours too! I'm into a fair bit of anime but am also very choosey about it - I prefer the light-hearted stuff (Love Hina, Oh My Godess or any Studio Gibli film) to the deep complicated philosophical stuff (Neon Genesis Evangelion - I never got that!). My boyfriend's only ever hated one anime, though (Dominion Tank Police)!
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
But then everyone would agree with me, what fun would that be?

And besides, by posting here you have the opportunity to guide me along the path to true enlightenment.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I love yours too! I'm into a fair bit of anime but am also very choosey about it - I prefer the light-hearted stuff (Love Hina, Oh My Godess or any Studio Gibli film) to the deep complicated philosophical stuff (Neon Genesis Evangelion - I never got that!). My boyfriend's only ever hated one anime, though (Dominion Tank Police)!
Thanks! Mine's of Myoujin Yahiko from Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X but that's a crappy Americanised name!).

If you love Love Hina, then you should try Kimi Go Nozomu Eien. It's very similar to Love Hina and there are also 24 episodes.

Anyways, I have seen Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Initial D and I'm currently watching Naruto (best anime EVER! I even got the game imported from Japan for my Gamecube!), Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Hunter X Hunter, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Scrapped Princess.

Here are some sites added to my favourites which you might be interested in:

http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top100.php?l=anime

http://www.animesnaps.com/index.htm

http://www.animesuki.com/
Muffle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh I love it too

Have watched/currently watching: Love Hina, Naruto, Trigun, Hack Sign, Tokyo 2040, Berserk, InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Panic and some small OVAs.
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Anime is probably the highest quality form of animation if you watch the good stuff..
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you love Love Hina, then you should try Kimi Go Nozomu Eien. It's very similar to Love Hina and there are also 24 episodes.
KGNE is only 14 episodes.

---

(Original post by Darkstreber)
The best Manga ever ??????????????
I've heard the manga is good and was wondering about getting the first volume from Amazon sometime soon, they aren't too expensive.
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Muffle)
Anime is probably the highest quality form of animation if you watch the good stuff..
I beg to differ.

Although I'm not a fan of the storylines, the animation used in Toy Story, or Antz is of a far higher standard.

They're very different though, which obviously gives rise to a personal taste variable.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
KGNE is only 14 episodes.

---

I've heard the manga is good and was wondering about getting the first volume from Amazon sometime soon, they aren't too expensive.
Lol, yea. To be honest, I didn't know how much so I put up a random number!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Muffle)
Yeh I love it too

Have watched/currently watching: Love Hina, Naruto, Trigun, Hack Sign, Tokyo 2040, Berserk, InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Panic and some small OVAs.
Which OVAs are you watching at present?

(Original post by Alec)
I beg to differ.

Although I'm not a fan of the storylines, the animation used in Toy Story, or Antz is of a far higher standard.
It's a very different style, so I don't think comparing their 'standards' is really very...*can't think of word*.

Lol, yea. To be honest, I didn't know how much so I put up a random number!
Fair enough . You haven't finished it yet I assume?
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I beg to differ.

They're very different though, which obviously gives rise to a personal taste variable.
That tends to be very cartoony though whereas this is more artistic I guess
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I beg to differ.

The thing is that Japanese animation is more about better storylines than high resolution digital graphics.

Anyways, what makes you think Toy Story or Antz are of a far higher standard? Is it just graphics? Anyone can do graphics like that these days.

(Original post by Egan1)

Fair enough . You haven't finished it yet I assume?
Only seen the first episode, lol but I have seen enough to love it. Still trying to get Full Metal Panic episode 05 at the moment! And with exams, I haven't had much time to watch anime.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The thing is that Japanese animation is more about better storylines than high resolution digital graphics.
Yeah, the storys they display are very different, and you don't get the same classic lines and comedy in films like 'Antz', well, not that I've seen.
Only seen the first episode, lol but I have seen enough to love it. Still trying to get Full Metal Panic episode 05 at the moment! And with exams, I haven't had much time to watch anime.
Ah ok, I've had a lot of work recently, though always seem to make time for some anime, been trying a lot of new series recently, though not 'struck gold' yet as it were. Are you watching Fumoffo at the same time as FMP? The first episode of FMPF is definatly my favourite of the series. Ah...wish I had it still, love some of the expressions/moments.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads