This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm thinking of downloading some of that, what's it about? Please tell me what it's about because I asked my mate about getting anime and he suggested I get La Blue Girl... well it made an impression!
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
I'm thinking of downloading some of that, what's it about? Please tell me what it's about because I asked my mate about getting anime and he suggested I get La Blue Girl... well it made an impression!
Assuming you mean Love Hina-
Urashima Keitaro has been sent to replace his grandmother in managing Hinata Inn while he studies to gain entry into Tokyo University. A two time failure in the exams, Keitaro is determined to study harder this time but stuck in an inn with so many distractions, how will Keitaro ever cope? From getting beaten up by vicious girls who think that he's a pervert to doing almost all the household chores, how will he ever find the time to study and fulfill his promise to a girl whom he doesn't even know the name of?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OK... a bizarre blurb... I guess I'll just have to download some. Cheers Egan!
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yea, get Love Hina or Kimi Go Nozomu Eien. But probably Love Hina first. Once you start watching the first and second episodes, you will want to download more! I basically watched episode after episode and finished watching all 25 Love Hina episodes, 3 Love Hina Agan episodes and the Christmas and Spring specials. Wished they could make more though....
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I prefer the Love Hina manga to the anime I think.... the anime makes the lead girl look a bit too childish...

but i agree it's a nice storyline as well as some very nice anime
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
I prefer the Love Hina manga to the anime I think.... the anime makes the lead girl look a bit too childish...

but i agree it's a nice storyline as well as some very nice anime
Worth buying? I probably wont at the moment though, need to get the last installment of Hellsing when it comes out first, then there's various others tempting me.

Has anyone seen any R.O.D or R.O.D. tv? -That's Read or Die/Dream
Kimochi Warui
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Well sure Love hina is Cutesy and Funny...But i found the dubbed version killed it for me, having watched it in japanese first. My girlfriend always watches the dubbed versions of anime and i can't stand them, has anyone had a similar problem?
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Violence Jack and Street Fighter kick ass
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kimochi Warui)
Well sure Love hina is Cutesy and Funny...But i found the dubbed version killed it for me, having watched it in japanese first. My girlfriend always watches the dubbed versions of anime and i can't stand them, has anyone had a similar problem?
Oh yes, the dubbing completely corrupts the anime in many cases.
I've bought a few different series' now, the first DVD I got was of FMP, which I had already seen the entire series of. When it comes on you are affronted by the cringeworthy American-Chidori, just the entire casting is awful, but there's an character called Kurz who the dubbing and translation just completely *******ised. I can't stand it!
I always set it up to watch in Japanese, it's such a wonderful language and carries so much character, I can't understand why anyone would prefer watching it in 'American'. *shudder*.

I better stop before I go into a full scale rant...time to go back to work...
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey, check this out, sums it all up: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html

rock on strong bad email!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (475)
66.62%
No (238)
33.38%

Watched Threads