MSc Banking & International Finance at Cass.

Watch
Blake, Esq.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I applied for the MSc Banking & International Finance at Cass Business School on Monday, and I was fortunate enough to receive a conditional offer on Thursday! A few things...

- I have been reading through a number of threads regarding the reputation of Cass' MSc programmes and I am still unclear of its true appearance. My current dissertation supervisor has said it is a fantastic university and highly recommends it... I have also read the MSc programmes at Cass are ranked 2nd in the UK. Any views?!

- If anyone has some previous experience of this particular course, what are your views?

- Anyone else planning on undertaking this course??

- Career prospects? (see notes below)

Just a few notes - this is regarding the 2011 intake, and I am aiming to go into an IB - trading role upon completion.

Thanks in advance!
KayBee25
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey..totally understand you!
I´ve got an offer for MSc Investment Mgmt and also not sure about Cass´reputation and the quality of the course..
Also, not very sure about possibly landing a FO role afterwards..would be glad to hear any experiences as well!
alejonz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cass is well known for those two courses, and for all business degrees in general. Though there are better schools, it is harder to get in them. You need to consider your profile. A quick schools ranking for finance degrees in the UK would look something like:

Tier 1: LBS, Cambridge, Oxford, LSE
Tier 2: Warwick, Imperial
Tier 3: Cass

Some would slightly modify the order, but those are in general the top schools for degrees like yours.

You also need to consider some facts about Cass:

PROS
- Apparently, placements after graduation are good
- Well recognized in the UK

CONS
- Expensive compared to alternatives
- No name outside the UK

I will apply to the Msc Investment Management in the next few days, but I will take Cass after being rejected from the rest in the list above.

Just curious... what are your profiles? (GMAT, undergrad degree, experience, etc.) It would be great to know what to expect of my application.

Hope that helps.
Blake, Esq.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Alejonz, thank you for your thoughts. For myself, alongside the specific courses available, the trading rooms are something that has really separated Cass from the rest.

As for my profile - I will graduate this summer with a first in Financial Management from a top 10 UK university. My dissertation - regarding stock market anomalies - is going to be published.
I have gained work experience / internships at two financial firms in the city. I have also worked within a boutique investment bank (M&A) whilst at uni since Jan '10.

I would like to believe the quick response in my case was partially due to my two references - from my dissertation supervisor (Dr. in Finance) and a partner at the boutique investment bank - as these were both extremely positive!

I am also going to apply to Cambridge Judge Business School, MPhil Finance, but if I'm honest, I think I would rather go to Cass because of the greater networking opportunities...
lightupthesky
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys for those who got an offer for the MSc Banking and International Finance programme did you take the GMAT test?
alejo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hello,
im thinking of applying for the same course. Wanted to try out my luck on the GMAT before though. How long before its too late to apply do you guys think? Website doesnt have a deadline.
okigen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello

I applied the Msc Banking & International Finance without GMAT, and finally ended up with a conditional offer with GMAT :P But part of the reason, I think, is my poor probability score at undergraduate. And I submitted the application very late, in mid March.

I'm an international candidate btw
Blelow88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KayBee25)
Hey..totally understand you!
I´ve got an offer for MSc Investment Mgmt and also not sure about Cass´reputation and the quality of the course..
Also, not very sure about possibly landing a FO role afterwards..would be glad to hear any experiences as well!
Hey Kaybee, I'm planning to apply to Cass 2016 entry and was hoping to hear your thoughts about the investment management course? I'm stuck between choosing banking and international finance and IM.

I'm both interested to get into Investment banking or asset management after graduation.

Hope your experience there was great!
malcolmDR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I am switching from medicine to banking and international finance, I am predicted 3A*A and want to apply to cass via ucas extra. I was wondering if anyone knew, my chances of me getting in? thanks guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.16%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.74%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.58%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (47)
24.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.58%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.89%

Watched Threads