The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent - Choosing your accomodation - City, Clifton and Brackenhurst!

Hi guys! I made a new thread to include all three campus'! Woo!

I am aware this post will be rather long though as there are a lot of places to go through! D= But to save you searching through it all, it will be in the order of City campus, then Clifton, then Brackenhurst! I will colour code them in Blue, Green and Purple to help finding easier!

CITY CAMPUS

Sandby Hall•On site
•Ensuite
•12-13 per flat
•No parking
•No bike storage
•Internet charged extra
£100.45 per week = £4218

Clarendon Court•1/2 mile
•Non ensuite
•4-7 per flat
•Internet included
•Limited Parking
•No bike stoarge
£79.52 per week = £3339

Simpsons
•1.5 miles
•Ensuite
•3-12 sharing, mixed sex
•Internet charged extra
•Limited parking
•Bike storage available
•Twin rooms available for £77.77 per week (3266)
£100.45 per week = £4218

The Maltings
•2.5 miles Free travel card included in price
•5-10 sharing, mixed sex
•Non ensuite
•Internet charged extra
•Limited parking
•Bike storage available
£85.33 per week = £3583

Blenheim
•On site
•Ensuite
•6 per flat, single sex
•Internet charged extra
•Limited Parking
•Bike storage avialable
£100.45 per week = £4218

Gill Street

•On site
•Ensuite
•6-8 per flat
•Internet charged extra
•No parking
•No bike storage
£114.87 per week = £4824. Long contract available

Hampden Hall•On site
•6 per flat
•Bathroom between 2
•No parking
•No bike storage
•Internet charged extra
£87.01 per week = £3654

Norton Court
•1.5 miles
•Ensuite
•6 per flat, mixed sex
•Common Room
•Internet charged extra
•Limited Parking
•No bike storage
£100.45 per week = £4218

Meridan Court•2 miles free travel card included in price
•10 per flat
•Non ensuite
•Car parking
•No bike storage
•Internet charged extra
£85.33 per week = £3583

Elm House•1 mile
•14 rooms spread across 4 flats. 2 flats with 4 rooms, 2 with 3 rooms.
•Non ensuite
•Parking available
•No bike storage
•Internet included
£79.52 per week = £3339

Fletcher Terrance
•2 miles
•6 rooms with 2 bathrooms
•Non ensuite
•Internet included
•Parking available
•No bike storage
£79.52 per week = £3339

Gordan House•58 rooms over eight flats
•Non ensuite
•Limited parking
•Internet included
£79.52 per week = £3339

Mill House
•0.5 miles
•4-7 people
•Non ensuite
•No parking
•Internet Included
£79.52 per week = £3339

Waverly Street
•On site
•12 rooms on three floors
•No parking
•Internet included
£72.45 per week = £3042

CLIFTON CAMPUS - all on campus

Peverell
•Ens-uite rooms - Mixed sex flats of 6
•Internet Charged Extra
•Common Room
•Limited Car parking
•Bike storage available
Standard Room = £103.25 = £4336
Large Room = £106.26 = £4462

College Drive Houses 1-12
•Four to five bedrooms
•Non en-suite
•Limited Car parking
•Internet included
£81.90 = £3439
Budget = £73.78 = £3098 (Unsure what the difference is between these though but assume it might be smaller rooms/shared etc)

BRACKENHURST - all on campus

Brackenhurst
•En-suite
•Six per flat
•Limited parking
•Internet included
£99.19 per week = £4166

Southill House
•Large house with 2 large single rooms and 4 large twin rooms
•2 toilets, 1 shower room and 1 bathroom
•Bike storage available
•Limited parking
•Garden/courtyard area
Large Single = £80.08 = £3363
Twin Room: £69.93 = £2937

Sycamore
•Eleven single rooms
•Three shared bathrooms (3/4 people per bathroom)
•Washbasin in each room
•Internet included
•Limited Parking
•Bike storage
Standard = £80 = £3363
Large = £99 = £4165

The Limes
•Five single rooms, two twin rooms
•Four shared bathrooms
•Internet Included
•Limited Parking
•Bike Storage
Standard = £80 = £3363
Large = £99 = £4165
Twin = £69.93 = £2937

The Willows
•Three flats with 4 rooms in each
•Non En-suite
•Internet Included
•Limited Parking
•Bike Storage
•No disabled access
Standard = £80 = £3363

As with the other thread:
For those that say Internet charged extra, the standard package for the year is £40.50, or for the 'Ultimate' package, it is £82. From what I hear the only difference is the connection speed. It is a one off fee at the start of the year.
For car parking, most halls require you to get a permit. For the houses it is mostly on street parking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thank you!! :biggrin:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Really struggling to choose!

Doing Psych so obviously will want city campus, and I most certainly want en suite, but I also want there to be a good amount of people to socialize with without there being too many that it's hard to make a few close friends.

Gah.
Reply 3
I'm confused as to what to pick now :frown: I'm thinking I should just stick to Clifton as it's where my course is and the sport I want to do is based there but I don't wanna end up spending stupid amounts on taxis back and that :frown:
What are the new Clifton accommodation buildings called/are they finished?
Reply 5
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
What are the new Clifton accommodation buildings called/are they finished?

Good question actually!!

They aren't finished yet but will apparently be finished for this entry year! :smile:
Reply 6
Anyone know about Simpsons and what it's like? Looks like a decent choice, 3 - 12 people per flat (preferably about 5 - 6 mixed lads and girls) and en suite suits me perfectly. Does anyone have any first hand experience of what it's like?
Reply 7
Original post by jimbles
I'm confused as to what to pick now :frown: I'm thinking I should just stick to Clifton as it's where my course is and the sport I want to do is based there but I don't wanna end up spending stupid amounts on taxis back and that :frown:

this is exactly what i've been thinking! but if you think about it, if you're going out with people from clifton then they'll be coming back with you (hopefully not pissed out their brains stuck in a gutter somewhere haha) so i guess money will be split so it won't cost so much? i'm so confused, really wanna get the most out of my uni life!
Reply 8
Original post by zedjay010
this is exactly what i've been thinking! but if you think about it, if you're going out with people from clifton then they'll be coming back with you (hopefully not pissed out their brains stuck in a gutter somewhere haha) so i guess money will be split so it won't cost so much? i'm so confused, really wanna get the most out of my uni life!

Actually that's a good point! Clifton it is for me then! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by jimbles
Actually that's a good point! Clifton it is for me then! :biggrin:

yeah man :wink: i'm thinking that too! hopefully see you there jimbles! (jimbles is one of my nicknames so i instantly think you're a sick guy! :'))
Reply 10
Original post by ShakeyJJ
Anyone know about Simpsons and what it's like? Looks like a decent choice, 3 - 12 people per flat (preferably about 5 - 6 mixed lads and girls) and en suite suits me perfectly. Does anyone have any first hand experience of what it's like?

Im thinking Simpsons too, on site and ensuite which is nice, but I think 12 people is too much.
Reply 11
Original post by Swimmer

Original post by Swimmer
Im thinking Simpsons too, on site and ensuite which is nice, but I think 12 people is too much.

Aye, just want to find out what the likelihood of ending up with 12 is.

Of course if it's 11 super hot females...

I'll be doing calculations of probability if you need me.

(Ha, of course I won't, psychology isn't a real science!)
Reply 12
Original post by zedjay010
yeah man :wink: i'm thinking that too! hopefully see you there jimbles! (jimbles is one of my nicknames so i instantly think you're a sick guy! :'))

haha, I've been called jimbles for god knows how long, my teach used to call me it for some reason!! lol! :smile: I am a sick guy :wink: You sound a sick girl for having the same nickname :tongue:
Reply 13
There's bike storage at Meridian, loads of it. How dare you :frown:

Don't be put off by the fact that Meridian is out of town, tis really nice, free bus travel and lots of nearby pubs and shops :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by rubberbandman
CLIFTON IS DEAD.

I'm a first year media student, and I’m currently writing from my room on Clifton campus.

If you want to enjoy your time at Nottingham Trent... live in the city, trust me. Clifton will drain your wallet, (on transportation to the city... unless you are lucky enough to own £200 bus pass), force you to take the 40 minute round walk to the NEAREST supermarket (Morrison’s), and above all surround you with mind-numbing people. The halls are lifeless, old and strange in setting. Obviously this has been realised, noting the new accommodation being built at the front of the campus.

Clifton Campus looks and feels more like an underprivileged secondary school than a university. The main building is old with a prison-felt canteen. Don't get me wrong... there are new buildings around the campus that provide high-quality and innovative equipment and space. However most of this campus has been forgotten. This place is crying out for change.

ahh well thanks for the reply! So how much will it cost for me to actually you know, keep going back and forth from Clifton campus? As the sport I want to do is there and so is my course? :smile:

Original post by rosee92
There's bike storage at Meridian, loads of it. How dare you :frown:

Don't be put off by the fact that Meridian is out of town, tis really nice, free bus travel and lots of nearby pubs and shops :smile:

I'm really confused as to where to stay now lol! :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by jimbles
ahh well thanks for the reply! So how much will it cost for me to actually you know, keep going back and forth from Clifton campus? As the sport I want to do is there and so is my course? :smile:

I'm really confused as to where to stay now lol! :frown:

If you're studying in Clifton don't live at any of the out of town ones, they're generally in the opposite direction of town from Clifton! It'd take you ages to get to lectures otherwise!
Reply 16
Original post by rosee92
If you're studying in Clifton don't live at any of the out of town ones, they're generally in the opposite direction of town from Clifton! It'd take you ages to get to lectures otherwise!

Cost effective wise, would it better if I live in city accommodation? I love going out a lot and love visiting things and stuff.... But would it cost a lot to go to Clifton Campus often for sport and lectures??
Original post by rubberbandman
CLIFTON IS DEAD.

I'm a first year media student, and I’m currently writing from my room on Clifton campus.

If you want to enjoy your time at Nottingham Trent... live in the city, trust me. Clifton will drain your wallet, (on transportation to the city... unless you are lucky enough to own £200 bus pass), force you to take the 40 minute round walk to the NEAREST supermarket (Morrison’s), and above all surround you with mind-numbing people. The halls are lifeless, old and strange in setting. Obviously this has been realised, noting the new accommodation being built at the front of the campus.

Clifton Campus looks and feels more like an underprivileged secondary school than a university. The main building is old with a prison-felt canteen. Don't get me wrong... there are new buildings around the campus that provide high-quality and innovative equipment and space. However most of this campus has been forgotten. This place is crying out for change.

The uni bus that runs between clifton and city site, how much is it? £200 for a year? and any idea when the last bus is or anything schedule like? :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by jimbles
Cost effective wise, would it better if I live in city accommodation? I love going out a lot and love visiting things and stuff.... But would it cost a lot to go to Clifton Campus often for sport and lectures??

I'm not sure how much the bus is, altho it is a good bus. But if you were to get a bus pass at the start of the year, it works out cheaper, altho hurts to part with a large sum at once haha. Depends how much you go out i suppose. If you live in town you can be near to the shops and clubs. But living in Clifton means you don't have to pay for the bus every day and but then you have to pay extra for taxis back from town (No night bus!) and it's sort of out in the middle of nowhere and not a lot nearby.
Reply 19
Original post by rosee92
I'm not sure how much the bus is, altho it is a good bus. But if you were to get a bus pass at the start of the year, it works out cheaper, altho hurts to part with a large sum at once haha. Depends how much you go out i suppose. If you live in town you can be near to the shops and clubs. But living in Clifton means you don't have to pay for the bus every day and but then you have to pay extra for taxis back from town (No night bus!) and it's sort of out in the middle of nowhere and not a lot nearby.

Well me being me I will end up going out quite a bit I guess :colondollar: Not just getting drunk but doing new things and stuff... so being no night bus I'm better of probably looking at city centre accommodation? :smile:

I'll feel a plum staying in city centre when I'll be mainly based at Clifton! lol

Quick Reply

Latest