This discussion is closed.
Rona
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am tryin to work out what subjects to take at A level. I want to do hist and French. but also want to keep my options open. i may want to be a doctor. i was thinking of taking Biology and Chemistry. But im worried that i have to take maths and phisics.?
Is phisics and maths necesarry to stud medicine?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rona)
I am tryin to work out what subjects to take at A level. I want to do hist and French. but also want to keep my options open. i may want to be a doctor. i was thinking of taking Biology and Chemistry. But im worried that i have to take maths and phisics.?
This is something that only you can work out. Perhaps you should take Biology, Chemisty, Physics and Maths, yet also perhaps something a little different such as a language, or even a shop course. Metal or Wood work.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some institutions may look more favourably upon your application having studied maths. Physics seems unnecessary though.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rona)
No, physics and maths aren't really neccessary (although some universities might view these subjects favourably - it varies). Biology and Chemistry are the important ones.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rona)
You can do French, History, Biology and Chemistry and go into Medecine...you dont need Physics and you dont really need to take Maths, although it is favourable.
spam
Report 16 years ago
bio n chem yes, maths not necessary - friend who did chem bio eng lit n RS got 3 offers this yr!! physics definately not necessary. Go with something a bit different most uni's say 4 sciences is too much now do some subject you actually like!!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by spam)
bio n chem yes, maths not necessary - friend who did chem bio eng lit n RS got 3 offers this yr!! physics definately not necessary. Go with something a bit different most uni's say 4 sciences is too much now do some subject you actually like!!
Yeah and for some reason they love languages. Our teacher told us that the ideal combination for Medecine would be Maths, Biology, Chemistry and French...and i know someone taking Geography, History, Biology and Chemistry...
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
chemistry is the most important one, you only really have to do biology up to AS, although maths might be useful as chem requires lots of maths at A2
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm kinda thinking about being a doctor too... I think I'm gonna do maths, physics, biology, chemistry and art for A Levels...
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I'm kinda thinking about being a doctor too... I think I'm gonna do maths, physics, biology, chemistry and art for A Levels...
I think i might take 5 as levels and drop the two ****test or one...im taking Maths, Physics, History and Economics...i may take Art instead oh Physics or on top...i dont know!

hey Jsm you want to do PPE...what are you taking?
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Everyone seems to take Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Bbiology... be different.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
be different...
....conform.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
I think i might take 5 as levels and drop the two ****test or one...im taking Maths, Physics, History and Economics...i may take Art instead oh Physics or on top...i dont know!

hey Jsm you want to do PPE...what are you taking?
history, classical civilisations, computing and politics - probably carry on all four and might take up philosophy - unfortuately economics timetable woudl clash. I might study law, or journalism or summat like that.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
....conform.
I will...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads