Turn on thread page Beta

Insults watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Damn right you didn't

I don't like when insults go on as long as that, why not just "sick up like a Dyson" or something...
    Well u see it is the Blackadder humour of using ridiculously long similes to insult someone - the absurdity of the length sensationalises the message one is trying to get across ergo = laughter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Its just that, Mr. white you sound like this random dude from the corner called Dom! thats all, Didn't read profile just thought I'd save time.
    "Random dude from the corner"?! I'll have you know that I am a direct descendant of Deutronomy Virgil White, the great shipbuilder! I do not 'live on a corner'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Well u see it is the Blackadder humour of using ridiculously long similes to insult someone - the absurdity of the length sensationalises the message one is trying to get across ergo = laughter
    Good point, I suppose it works in some cases. That one wasn't so hot because who the hell is Rab C Nesbitt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Firstly: Who are you?
    Secondly: Don't be stupid.
    Mr. white i think u are becoming rather arrogant really - no need for such sharp comments - as i mentioned in that last post it was an example and i dont make it my business to be 'stupid' as u put it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Mr. white i think u are becoming rather arrogant really - no need for such sharp comments - as i mentioned in that last post it was an example and i dont make it my business to be 'stupid' as u put it
    Maybe it was also a randomly issued example.

ReputationRep:
    Good point, I suppose it works in some cases. That one wasn't so hot because who the hell is Rab C Nesbitt?
    Yeah ur right = i changed that one pretty immediately - no offence meant on that post by the way bruv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    brave words
    Jesus Christ son of the lord, I'm going to shut up because I'm sounding like a ditzy blonde! Not that i have anything against blondes, i mean my mum is natural blonde and they are not all thick, its just that...I'm just going to sit in the corner and be quiet, yes Clare thats best be quiet, and now your are talking to yourself. Oh No!

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ son of the lord, I'm going to shut up because I'm sounding like a ditzy blonde! Not that i have anything against blondes, i mean my mum is natural blonde and they are not all thick, its just that...I'm just going to sit in the corner and be quiet, yes Clare thats best be quiet, and now your are talking to yourself. Oh No!
    I thought this was about insulting other people, where did I miss the boat :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Firstly: Who are you?
    Secondly: Don't be stupid.
    One last thing before I return to the hole I crawled out of, I thought was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was about insulting other people, where did I miss the boat :confused:
    Its about helping me get my inspiration back. Not just been evil and random, read God damn you.

ReputationRep:
    Its about helping me get my inspiration back. Not just been evil and random, read God damn you.
    <sigh> Point being you just went and insulted yourself a few times...

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was about insulting other people, where did I miss the boat?
    We're simply helping to return this poor dried up husk of a person back to the veritable cornucopia of sharp comebacks that she once was.

ReputationRep:
    <sigh> Point being you just went and insulted yourself a few times...
    Oh yeah! I can always find flaws of my own and rip into them how else will i become perfect?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! I can always find flaws of my own and rip into them how else will i become perfect?
    Some people, like myself, are just born perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you can laugh at your own faults you can cushion any insult that comes your way, before issuing a brilliant comeback. I love the little cheapshots where I know people can take them, e.g. my mates for being fat/geeky/ghetto/Year 14/Year 12 again etc...

ReputationRep:
    Then degrade themselves in the future...

ReputationRep:
    Nobody's perfect, therefore...

ReputationRep:
    Actually perfection is someting you acheive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    Then degrade themselves in the future...
    But congregate with inferior specimens, so that they appear all the more perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Actually perfection is someting you acheive.
    You, my friend, have never met me.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.