Edexcel Biology unit 4 grade boundaries

Watch this thread
Meesta
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey, i've noticed for the june paper 2010 they grade boundaries are something like 58/90 = A 53/90 = B 49/90 = C etc.

I know grade boundaries differ depending on the difficulty of the exam, but are the boundaries usually pretty similar to this?

These boundaries mean if we miss 32 we still get an A lol, just seems a bit crazy
Greek-BBQ
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Meesta)
Hey, i've noticed for the june paper 2010 they grade boundaries are something like 58/90 = A 53/90 = B 49/90 = C etc.

I know grade boundaries differ depending on the difficulty of the exam, but are the boundaries usually pretty similar to this?

These boundaries mean if we miss 32 we still get an A lol, just seems a bit crazy
Wow thats great news for the mock I did then haha. But really, most times the grade boudaries are higher im guessing. It must have been really tough for people and everyone did poorly. But generally im guessing they would at least be around 65 for an A. Even thats 25 marks lost. Those values seem very low though so don't expect them to be that low in the real exam.
Meesta
Rep:
(Original post by Greek-BBQ)
Wow thats great news for the mock I did then haha. But really, most times the grade boudaries are higher im guessing. It must have been really tough for people and everyone did poorly. But generally im guessing they would at least be around 65 for an A. Even thats 25 marks lost. Those values seem very low though so don't expect them to be that low in the real exam.
65 for an A :O i only just got that in some of my mocks :P well all i can say is i hope i find the exam easy and everyone else hard so boundaries go down muahaha
Tulin
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Greek-BBQ)
Exactly what I was thinking xD
Although those boundries seem nice, I don't expect them in the real exam either.
Meesta
Rep:
(Original post by Tulin)
Exactly what I was thinking xD
Although those boundries seem nice, I don't expect them in the real exam either.
Well, the january 2010 exam was similar (slightly higher) 59/90 = A ¦ 55/90 = B ¦ 51/90 = C!
Tulin
Rep:
Report 11 years ago

Oooo.
Tulin
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Well, the january 2010 exam was similar (slightly higher) 59/90 = A ¦ 55/90 = B ¦ 51/90 = C!
Whoa O_O; There's hardly any difference between them!!

I made by table by looking at http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...oundaries.aspx

Hmm, I hope for kind grade boundries this time...
Meesta
Rep:
(Original post by Tulin)
Whoa O_O; There's hardly any difference between them!!

I made by table by looking at http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...oundaries.aspx

Hmm, I hope for kind grade boundries this time...
wicked exactly, hardly any difference!!! has there only been 2 papers on this exam? my teacher told us this exam will be more 'biological', whatever that means.
Tulin
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
wicked exactly, hardly any difference!!! has there only been 2 papers on this exam? my teacher told us this exam will be more 'biological', whatever that means.
I don't think there has been many papers on this exam, but I think there has been slightly more than 2.

More biological? That sounds interesting. Maybe it's time to revise more on the keywords >_<
Meesta
Rep:
(Original post by Tulin)
I don't think there has been many papers on this exam, but I think there has been slightly more than 2.

More biological? That sounds interesting. Maybe it's time to revise more on the keywords >_<
yeah prob! biological yeah learning keywords i guess!!!
Tulin
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
yeah prob! biological yeah learning keywords i guess!!!
I keep forgetting the word photophosphorylation, the process in using energy to make ATP. I mean... It's a horribly long word

Tick the box questions for the win...
Meesta
Rep:
(Original post by Tulin)
I keep forgetting the word photophosphorylation, the process in using energy to make ATP. I mean... It's a horribly long word

Tick the box questions for the win...
yeah tick the boxes are pretty neat! although i managed to get one or 2 wrong in the past! by simply not reading questions correctly.

photophosphorylation... i just think of light energy (photo) then phosphorylation (adding phosphate group to a molecule) - seems complex then also tho ha!
mafz96
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Wow you guys should take a look at the recent papers haha June 2014 one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads