Watch
This discussion is closed.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
why dont u sell stuff that ppl will never buy like weird stuff or sumthing like that
Well, if they'll never buy, why sell it? :confused:
ddan
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Well, if they'll never buy, why sell it? :confused:
sumtthing that not usual that they wud buy 4 a friend if its unsual ppl will want 2 buy it b cause ppl like 2 see sumthing new
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We buy novelties from Tobar. We made a fortune on them about £400.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by ddan)
sumtthing that not usual that they wud buy 4 a friend if its unsual ppl will want 2 buy it b cause ppl like 2 see sumthing new
Well, how many people are going to buy something unusual? I can't see it making much profit if it's only a present. Because presents aren't bought very often, but as Valentines Day is coming up...maybe...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776 2)
We buy novelties from Tobar. We made a fortune on them about £400.
Tobar...?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Tobar...?
Yes, it is a novelty shop/warehouse. Very large company. It is tobar.co.uk Though you do need details like company name etc to det an account up.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Yes, it is a novelty shop/warehouse. Very large company. It is tobar.co.uk Though you do need details like company name etc to det an account up.
Ok, I'll take a look. Thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Buy some sticker/transfer paper and some basic stationary stuff and offer a customised stationary service - people bring in their photo's pictures etc and you scan them in and print them out in the right format to fit onto rulers/erasers/notebooks etc etc all you need is a scanner and a printer and access to a half decent graphics resizing package and a few peices of paper - you do t shirts etc too with the transfer paper stuff.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Buy some sticker/transfer paper and some basic stationary stuff and offer a customised stationary service - people bring in their photo's pictures etc and you scan them in and print them out in the right format to fit onto rulers/erasers/notebooks etc etc all you need is a scanner and a printer and access to a half decent graphics resizing package and a few peices of paper - you do t shirts etc too with the transfer paper stuff.
Hmm, that's a good idea actually, but we don't have a scanner. Thanks though.

That Tobar site looks good, but you need a membership number, and we don't have. Doesn't say how to get one. I'll ask te DoE leader.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Muffins from Costco sells like mad.
Oo yeah, Costco muffins rock ! Don't buy Costco cookies though as no one will buy the gingery raisin ones...
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
you do t shirts etc too with the transfer paper stuff.
That's what my YE company did last year (amongst other products). We ordered transfer paper from Viking Direct (costs about 60p a sheet but you obviously put more than 1 graphic on a sheet) and bought really cheap vest tops (£1.99 a top!) from Poundstretcher. You can pretty much use the transfer paper with any printer (apart from laser printers) and so all you need are some good graphics (our fantastic Art Directors created our graphics but you can find decent ones from the internet though). We made a lot of profit by selling the vest tops for about £6 I think
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (18)
8.87%
Confident (27)
13.3%
Indifferent (31)
15.27%
Unsure (58)
28.57%
Worried (69)
33.99%

Watched Threads