The Student Room Group

Law with Spanish Degree

Hey Guys & Dolls :smile:

Im currently in Year 12 and would love to study Law with Spanish at Uni......im doing AS Law, Spanish, Economics & Psychology and will probs drop psychology next year :smile: But im having trouble finding what Unis are good for this course.....although ive heard Nottingham is good for this certain course??

Thanks any suggestions welcome!
(edited 13 years ago)
type unistats into google in has all the scores uni's have been given for certain courses :smile:
Reply 2
thanks for that but theres not really anything for law with spanish in particular :confused:

But thanks x
Reply 3
hi (:
im in year 11 and planning to do Spanish, eng lit, economics, history and politics next year, and I'd like to do Law with Spanish at uni as well. loads do law with Spanish law that I've seen, but I'd prefer to do law with raw Spanish too and I'm having the same problem, so I'd be interested to hear the best universities for this course too!
Reply 4
Ive applied for law and spanish and have all five offers

Not many places do this degree...ill list them for you.

Oxford
Ucl
Nottingham
Leicester
Liverpool
Sussex
Exeter
Sheffield
Bangor
Hull
Aberyswyth
Glasgow
Aberdeen
Edinburgh

Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
thanks for that, just out of interest, which gave you offers and where will you accept / have you accepted?
I applied for this course with Exeter and Nottingham. I got AAA offers from both but I may take up neither and do straight Law and apply for a year abroad in Bristol.

As far as I'm aware the courses would have a law slant, and the years abroad in Spain essentially entail the fundamentals of spanish law (although I suppose you cannot help but get better at your raw Spanish at the same time)
Reply 7
I applied to Oxford, UCL, KCL, Nottingham and Sheffield and am now at UCL. The courses are all very different, so make sure you read the details to make sure you get something that suits you. Nottingham and Sheffield, for eg. teach you law, spanish law and spanish language/culture and send you abroad for a year. At UCL we're only taught law and Spanish law, but expected to keep up the language by ourselves (for which I go to an evening class) so that we'll be able to cope on the year abroad (where we learn spanish law, and where I suppose the language comes through practice, and a lot of it). In KCL I had to apply for just law and then what they do is at the end of your first year you can apply to do a year abroad and they organise that for you, but you do no spanish law or language at KCL.
I was slightly torn between UCL and Nottingham, because I really love the language/culture aspect, but I went for the better university and it was closer to home so cheaper. I suppose I get my dose of culture in the evening classes.
Reply 8
I received offers from nottingham leicester sheffield sussex liverpool so all that i applied for :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I applied to UCL and Oxford for Law with Spanish Law and I got an offer from UCL. But most universities will give you the option of applying for a year abroad for your third year :smile: x
Reply 10
Original post by DiyaM95
I applied to UCL and Oxford for Law with Spanish Law and I got an offer from UCL. But most universities will give you the option of applying for a year abroad for your third year :smile: x

Hey everyone ( 2 years later....) but i am currently on the law with spanish course at Liverpool and it is exactly what i thought it would be, weirdly enough! It is just law with spanish language and a year a broad studying spanish law (at most probably Alicante/Madrid/Bilbao or Barcelona!) No studying of actual spanish law during the 1st 2nd or 4th year though! Hope that helps and you guys are studying where you hoped to have been

:smile: xxx
Bristol do it !!!!
Im looking into universities now and want to do Law and spoken spanish so do you think Liverpool and Nottingham are my best options, although I have noticed that Bristol start a new course in 2017 UCAS Code MR13 :-) x
Queens in Belfast have a really good course focused on law and Spanish language. It’s a great city would recommend it
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest