ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    PEmbroke and clare? my arse.
    J
    bleh.

ReputationRep:
    Kings?

ReputationRep:
    Ehh?? How comes Emma is the top college?? I know its pretty central, big and academic......but still!!

Plus I must throw a plug for our own Trinity Hall.....i mean its a mere 2 minutes walk from town, doing great at rowing....(2nd on the river I think! ) and has pretty good 'bops'!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe (I don't know - I've only been there for one formal and I don't know anyone from there except my cousin who was a grad student). But your bar is tiny!

And you do have a rather unfortunate nickname.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzy_vet)
    Apparently its on a deficit of 2.4 million, so its rent prices are high and they sting you for other stuff. you should check this out, im sutre you can find out. ultimately though you'll like whichever college you go to! Im sure its very nice there
    It is remarkably difficult to find out these things.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently its only actually 1 million, they found the rest.

So thats ok then.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiserSoze)
    Apparently its only actually 1 million, they found the rest. So thats ok then.....
    They found the rest? That sounds even worse! To be in a deficit of £2.4 million is bad enough, but to misplace £1.4 million?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Semi-rational. St. John's does have a scarily large number of Blues players, and tend to dominate sports events. Or at least they like to think they do. Apparently there is a general perception that John's people, especially the rugby team, are very much up themselves. I'm sure this isn't true for most of the students there, but that's the reputation - most of the colleges have rep of some sorts, and John's is the one we all love to hate!
    Probably the wrong thread to ask this (as no Oxford people will be reading it), but I'm curious whether there is one particular Oxford college that attracts this semi-jocular animosity, the way you say St. John's does at Cambridge - does anyone reading this know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizard)
    Probably the wrong thread to ask this (as no Oxford people will be reading it), but I'm curious whether there is one particular Oxford college that attracts this semi-jocular animosity, the way you say St. John's does at Cambridge - does anyone reading this know?
    Christ Church, possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Christ Church, possibly?
    mm ... possibly ... anybody else from Oxford know whether there is one particular college that other Oxford students 'love to hate?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiserSoze)
    Apparently its only actually 1 million, they found the rest.

So thats ok then.....
    Well... I don't know that the deficit of £1 million is OK, necessarily.

By the way, how does one find out about these things?

And what do you mean by 'they found the rest'? Did the really misplace £1.4 million?! That sounds like very bad accounting to me.

ReputationRep:
    Semi-rational. St. John's does have a scarily large number of Blues players, and tend to dominate sports events. Or at least they like to think they do. Apparently there is a general perception that John's people, especially the rugby team, are very much up themselves. I'm sure this isn't true for most of the students there, but that's the reputation - most of the colleges have rep of some sorts, and John's is the one we all love to hate!
    Uh, the reason why I got into St Johns was under the understanding that I'd turn out for the college and University at rugby hence my offer of AA instead of AAB.

Anyway...I wont be living there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Uh, the reason why I got into St Johns was under the understanding that I'd turn out for the college and University at rugby hence my offer of AA instead of AAB.

Anyway...I wont be living there
    Are you just a normal undergrad, or are you a mature/grad student?

ReputationRep:
    Are you just a normal undergrad, or are you a mature/grad student?
    A normal one. I'm 19.

ReputationRep:
    A normal one. I'm 19.
    Then how the hell can you afford to buy a house in Cambridge? On top of your room rent, which I'm guessing unless you get special exemption from it, you'll still have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Then how the hell can you afford to buy a house in Cambridge? On top of your room rent, which I'm guessing unless you get special exemption from it, you'll still have to pay.
    My dad is buying it. Yeah, ok, ok spoilt rich kid, but my dad does own a lot of property that he rents out and as soon as I finnish uni he will just rent it out.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is buying it. Yeah, ok, ok spoilt rich kid, but my dad does own a lot of property that he rents out and as soon as I finnish uni he will just rent it out.
    Oh I seeeee. I've been pondering this for a while since you mentioned you were going to live out - it's a freakishly rare thing for "normal age" undergrads to do. I wouldn't want to, myself, but it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Lol, yes I've heard about that song but I can't quite make out whether the animosity towards St John's has a rational basis (which would worry me) or whether it is simply that its nice to have someone to pick on (which is fine).

Besides, I'm almost immune to that sort of thing now, I've been reading law for 2.5 years .
    Hmm... so you'll be reading for a second Bachelor's degree at Cambridge, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radagasty)
    Hmm... so you'll be reading for a second Bachelor's degree at Cambridge, then?
    Yes

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.