university football team

Watch
Majdovic7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello Guys,

I am interested in going to a university in the UK which has one of the best football teams there ...what about Exeter does it have a good football team?
Also, Can you tell me how to join a football club while am in the university or in other words do I have a chance to get into football club after completing my Bachelor?
Phonicsdude
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Majdovic7)
Hello Guys,

I am interested in going to a university in the UK which has one of the best football teams there ...what about Exeter does it have a good football team?
Also, Can you tell me how to join a football club while am in the university or in other words do I have a chance to get into football club after completing my Bachelor?
No a university side does not lead naturally into professional football. There have been instances but none that I know of in the past 20 years.

The standard is strong: perhaps approaching semi pro. There are many teams though so the weaker sides will not be so competitive. I can't tell you about Exeter but nationally Loughborough have a very strong reputation.

For more information go here: http://www.bucs.org.uk/fl/api.asp?apiStartCode=sports:2
Majdovic7
Rep:
?
The standard is strong: perhaps approaching semi pro. There are many teams though so the weaker sides will not be so competitive. I can't tell you about Exeter but nationally Loughborough have a very strong reputation.

I am really interested in becoming a professional footballer, am not cocky but I feels that I got a talent with desire and ambition therefore, I will do my best to achieve what I want but do you know if the university allows me to play for club during my studies?
Thank you about the information about loughborough ..I will see what's going to happen with me
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Exeter is pretty poor. Leeds have a good team, as do Northumbria uni. Also Durham.

But most uni's have a 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and some cases 5th and 6th team. You will have to try out. Don't join expecting to go straight into the firsts. If your cocky. You won't. Also some uni's are ran differently.

Its pretty much ran by students. I helped run the football when i was at my uni. Some universitys have there clicks. In other words if you don't know them. You won't get in the first team.

And Yes we had many players playing in the semi pro leagues on weekends. So its no problem.

This may sound like i'm shooting you down. and i am. You may be very good footballer. Just don't join and go to the trials expecting to be picked straight away. Don't sound too cocky. Just work hard and turn up to training every week.
Majdovic7
Rep:
?
Exeter is pretty poor. Leeds have a good team, as do Northumbria uni. Also Durham.

But most uni's have a 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and some cases 5th and 6th team. You will have to try out. Don't join expecting to go straight into the firsts. If your cocky. You won't. Also some uni's are ran differently.

Its pretty much ran by students. I helped run the football when i was at my uni. Some universitys have there clicks. In other words if you don't know them. You won't get in the first team.

And Yes we had many players playing in the semi pro leagues on weekends. So its no problem.

This may sound like i'm shooting you down. and i am. You may be very good footballer. Just don't join and go to the trials expecting to be picked straight away. Don't sound too cocky. Just work hard and turn up to training every week.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really really thank you a lot for these essential information, Yes i knw that it won't be easy to go there and enter the first team easily because this needs lots of work which am doing right now i work on my body and fitness in the gym also, each 2 to 3 days i practice football and play some matches and hope this is going to help me.
About the universities, look mate I am finding difficulties in choosing the university due to the course I want to study because of that am a bit puzzled about my decision but you have helped me through this information
Vintage
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really really thank you a lot for these essential information, Yes i knw that it won't be easy to go there and enter the first team easily because this needs lots of work which am doing right now i work on my body and fitness in the gym also, each 2 to 3 days i practice football and play some matches and hope this is going to help me.
About the universities, look mate I am finding difficulties in choosing the university due to the course I want to study because of that am a bit puzzled about my decision but you have helped me through this information
Don't choose Uni just for the Football. Most uni teams are to a Northern League (or similar) standard. What course are you wanting to do?
Majdovic7
Rep:
?
Don't choose Uni just for the Football. Most uni teams are to a Northern League (or similar) standard. What course are you wanting to do?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya sure I'm not picking the university just for football but i can't say that it's not an essential part of my decision
Well dude, I got 3 offers for 3 different courses :
Loughborough: Engineering Management
Exeter: Engineering and Management
Durham : Business Management

I'm bit into engineering management and because football in loughborough is excellent I'm considering it as my firm choice but there is one thing that is a **** in Loughborough can u guess it ..Also, I have been offered unconditional offer from Exeter and this has puzzled me more
btw if you can help me to chose the course I will be highly thankful
Vintage
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Ya sure I'm not picking the university just for football but i can't say that it's not an essential part of my decision
Well dude, I got 3 offers for 3 different courses :
Loughborough: Engineering Management
Exeter: Engineering and Management
Durham : Business Management

I'm bit into engineering management and because football in loughborough is excellent I'm considering it as my firm choice but there is one thing that is a **** in Loughborough can u guess it ..Also, I have been offered unconditional offer from Exeter and this has puzzled me more
btw if you can help me to chose the course I will be highly thankful
My Nanna & Grandad live in Loughborough, (My mams from there) So i've been down there quite often. Its not a bad town, The nightlifes quite good. Plus your not far from Leicester which is a busy place to be.

Durham is a great city, I've been there quite a bit & played against there football team, They've got a good football team. Plus its one of the best universitys in the country.

Two very different towns.

Can't say i know a darn tooting about Exeter Uni.
Majdovic7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vintage)
My Nanna & Grandad live in Loughborough, (My mams from there) So i've been down there quite often. Its not a bad town, The nightlifes quite good. Plus your not far from Leicester which is a busy place to be.

Durham is a great city, I've been there quite a bit & played against there football team, They've got a good football team. Plus its one of the best universitys in the country.

Two very different towns.

Can't say i know a darn tooting about Exeter Uni.
Well this is very good information about Loughborough and Durham ..To tell you that truth I am thinking about loughborough more serious than others i feel that I am going to find myself there because am into sport and I will find people there who share me the same interest .
Chris2004
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm interested in studying in the UK but really actually for football, it's my passion to play the game pro, so how do I enter one of these universities that offer football programs, because my Nigerian parents, want education, but I wasn't football, and I knew I have the talent. Thank you
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chris2004)
I'm interested in studying in the UK but really actually for football, it's my passion to play the game pro, so how do I enter one of these universities that offer football programs, because my Nigerian parents, want education, but I wasn't football, and I knew I have the talent. Thank you
University isnt the way to do it. Here if you were good enough you would have been snapped up by the scouting system already to play for a youth club.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (78)
18.53%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (86)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (80)
19%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (92)
21.85%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
9.74%
I haven't started researching yet (44)
10.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed