The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, if you go through a sudden growth spurt then it's possible.
You don't have to be fat to have stretch marks.
One of my friends is a size 6 and has stretch marks all over her hips.

But some people are lucky enough to not get any.
Original post by The Stig
Silver ones? :lolwut:

Stretch marks tend to be a reddish/purplish colour at first but fade over time to a kind of silverish colour, I have some on my hips and as weird as it sounds lol, the most accurate colour for them would really be silver.
If your boyfriend thinks you're hot and is attracted to you then the last thing he should be worrying about is some stretch marks. I would never worry about things like that, but then again I'm not everyone! Seems like a pretty shallow thing to focus on though.
Reply 23
Original post by CoffeeStinks
Yeah stretch marks are caused from stretching the skin too quickly so a sudden growth spurt, weight gain or pregnancy can all cause it. Also using steroids thins skin and makes stretch marks more likely.

Umm I'm not too sure actually, I had a glass cut when I was five about 1cm wide and 1 inch deep, it's still there 13 years later.

So yours will depend on how deep it was and whether it was a clean cut. You could try those scar fading creams but I'm not too sure if they really work.

Has it faded though?
I don't care tbh
Original post by berryboysh
Has it faded though?

Yeah a bit, I can still see it but it doesn't stand out.
Reply 26
Trying to fade your stretch marks is a silly thing to try - cosmetic lightning stuff might make them fade a tiny tiny tiny bit, but it's unlikely that it'll make them disappear.

Tonnes and tonnes of women have stretch mark, for many reasons. I'm an average size, never had children, yet I've got loads of silvery stretch marks just from going through puberty and growing quickly.

It's not something to be ashamed of; learn to love them. If the boyfriend finds them a real turn off, then ditch him, he's not worth it. Besides, boys don't always find them a turn off. My boyfriend says I have a "tiger bum" and thinks it's cute.

Worst comes to worst, foundation that ****.
Reply 27
You can get rid of the red ones, if you're consistant with bio oil or coco butter, however the faded ones I'm afraid are stuck with you. Everyone has stretch marks its no big deal don't worry OP :tongue:
Reply 28
scar fading creams do work if you have realistic expectations but there not magical cures they also don't help say stopping it being raised. they can also be quite expensive but if you go to your GP you can probably get them on prescription I did. it will probably fade pretty well anyway just be patient.
Reply 29
Lose weight
I have little stretch marks on my hips from going through puberty very early (only seven-years-old) and I'm lucky that they're pretty faint - I can only see mine when I stretch out the skin. However, I do have a lot of shaving scars on my legs and I use Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs which is an amazing body foundation. If you really feel that you can't bear to show your stretch marks, use this. I got mine for about £3 from Boots' fake tan section:smile:
Most girls have some. I don't even think about them anymore and guys don't see them.
Easy !
If you'll allow me to disagree, I honestly would say that it is that simple. Stretch marks are such a non-issue that anyone letting it affect their relationship isn't worth it. I know you didn't want that response, but you also asked for honesty. :smile:

Edit: that middle sentence referred to a possible response from your partner, not you!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by littlepotatoe
Most girls have some. I don't even think about them anymore and guys don't see them.
Easy !

I suppose you can speak for all of us then?

Without trying to sound like a pri**k, they are a huge turn off to me.

Get some bio oil, eat healthy, do HIIT cardio to burn fat for 15 minutes a day and work abs 15 minutes a day. in 3-4 weeks you will be more toned so they will not be obvious and the bio oil will fade them.

good luck
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous
I have stretch marks, some red and a load of silver ones. I look okay with clothes but am going to be sleeping with new bf soon and am feeling very worried about my skin.

Should I get that heavy concealer stuff you can get to cover scars?
Or are strechmarks not that big a deal?

I know people are going to say 'if your boyfriend is worth keeping he won't mind' etc. etc. but I really don't think it's that simple. If he's not attracted to me when he sees my strech marks it's kind of a problem!! (even though he is a nice guy etc.)

Would appreciate any advice...

once a guy knows he's getting sex everything else goes out his mind.
honestly don't worry, once your in the moment it really doesn't matter.
I have some on my hips from growing & scratching them x
Reply 35
Original post by Amuroray
Lose weight

people also get them from loosing weight nob
Reply 36
Original post by rugbyladosc

Get some bio oil, eat healthy, do HIIT cardio to burn fat for 15 minutes a day and work abs 15 minutes a day. in 3-4 weeks you will be more toned so they will not be obvious and the bio oil will fade them.

good luck

Is that because you're so perfect, then? :rolleyes:

Seriously, OP, if your guy is bothered by them, he's not worth your time. But, try the bio oil, although it doesn't do much for the older marks
Original post by rugbyladosc

good luck

They dont go away with a bit of exercise. It's not necessarily because of fat. I've got some on my breasts (very small ones) and I doubt it means I'm "too fat".

I can speak for the ones I've been with anyway, one night stands especially, they never seemed to give a ****. Thanks.

If you turn down attractive girls because of that it doesn't really make you a prick , it's just a shame for you. But well.
Original post by dizzy09
Is that because you're so perfect, then? :rolleyes:

Seriously, OP, if your guy is bothered by them, he's not worth your time. But, try the bio oil, although it doesn't do much for the older marks

Do you not think I am?

I am near perfection but I never said that I was perfect and the question OP asked was if stretch marks are a huge turn off and yes they are to me. I also offered some solutions to the problem...

Sorry if me answering the question offended you.
Original post by littlepotatoe
They dont go away with a bit of exercise. It's not necessarily because of fat. I've got some on my breasts (very small ones) and I doubt it means I'm "too fat".

I can speak for the ones I've been with anyway, one night stands especially, they never seemed to give a ****. Thanks.

If you turn down attractive girls because of that it doesn't really make you a prick , it's just a shame for you. But well.

I suppose one night stands are the perfect way to find out what guys really feel about your stretch marks..

And I wouldn't turn down a girl because she had stretch marks, I never said that. Its no deal breaker just a turnoff.

Latest

Trending

Trending