The Student Room Group

Applying later- a disadvantage?

I decided to refuse my top offer after i finished school last year and do retakes in order to improve my ib score. Im currently in the middle of doing those retakes but the results wont be published until around 10th december. Thats only 5 days before the UCAS daeldine "for equal consideration". Thing im worrying abuot is that although in theory there is supposed to be equal consideration, that applying so close to the deadline will damage my chances. Add to that, im not garuanteed of scoring higher on my retakes and things are all starting to look pear shaped. So what do you think: should i run the risk of applying so late or just get it done now and cut my losses.
Reply 1
Well it is true that you will be disadvantaged applying that late, especially to top universities. For which courses and to which universities are you applying to?

Do you think your IB grades will increase sufficiently to warrant you a place at a much better university?
Reply 2
Oh sooo don't say that. I haven't sent mine off yet (i know...). I'm doing it this week. I'm wanting to do City and Regional planning at Cardiff. I just so pray that I get in now :frown:
Reply 3
Lady_Muck
Oh sooo don't say that. I haven't sent mine off yet (i know...). I'm doing it this week. I'm wanting to do City and Regional planning at Cardiff. I just so pray that I get in now :frown:
You'll be okay if you send it in this week. As you can see from this forum, offers are already being handed out, so you need to get into the flow soon to be part of this or the next batch of offers from your chosen universities.
Reply 4
i honestly dont know if my grades will improve enough.im applying for law.got 34 points first time round.
Reply 5
They are not done on a first come first served basis so your alright!
Reply 6
can you not apply now and put your result as 'pending'? and then when its out, send it to the unis you've applied to?
Reply 7
The problem is some top universities are already offering places to selected people from their existing pool of applicants. Therefore the longer you wait to submit your application, the less the number of places you will be competing for.

Get your application is ASAP.
Reply 8
x-kate-x
This isn't true at all. Offers are already being handed out, thus the competition for the remaining places is increasing.
Reply 9
x-kate-x

Many people have already recieved offers.
This means that the pool of available places is decreasing by the minute.

Latest

Trending

Trending