The Student Room Group
Reply 1
xxpurplejoxx
my essay title is'what impression of the roles of men and women within the 1800's is giving in the opening chapters of pride and prejudice', i need to focos on effects surrounding the ball, i dont have a clue what 2 write, help!

have you read the book?
Reply 2
xxpurplejoxx
my essay title is'what impression of the roles of men and women within the 1800's is giving in the opening chapters of pride and prejudice', i need to focos on effects surrounding the ball, i dont have a clue what 2 write, help!

Try finding all the differences between how men and women were expected to act, start with the obvious such as women were expected to sit at home and learn to play the piano, sew or speak French but not really to say anything intelligent, whereas men were supposed to be the 'breadwinners' and to be in charge. Then try and home in on the subtleties, although I can't think of any useful examples right now...I did it for GCSE so it was two years ago and I've forgotten most of it, hope that helps a little...
Reply 3
um, as joanna said, men play a much more active role than women, r
Reply 4
JSM
um, as joanna said, men play a much more active role than women, r

in the 1800s maybe :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Tinykates
in the 1800s maybe :rolleyes:

durgh, i seriously find it hard to believe that this person is finding this hard, try www.google.com

Latest

Trending

Trending