Worst memories of P.E at School Watch

This discussion is closed.
Studentus-anonymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I remember putting away the trampoline it folded over and fell on a guys arm, that was probably a pretty bad memory. For him anyway. :rolleyes:

Doing PE in undies at primary school....

Having to do what this fat heffer of a woman told us to do at PE in secondary school. How that woman got the job I never know, frankly she needed the exercise more than we did.
Sem193
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I fell off the Trampoline and everybody laughed at me. They got rid of trampolining after though. I wish they had got rid of it earlier though.
DrunkenMaster
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Having to do it in your underwear if you forgot your kit (i'd be suprised if theyre still allowed to do that now)
Also I remember one kid was messing around with a javelin and nearly took someones eye out!
Oh and I hated playing football/rugbyy in the middle of winter.
stehay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
getting hit in the private area while playing football.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I loved PE but I don't think too fondly of those days in year 7 having to play hockey in freezing hurricane conditions :no:

(Original post by Wirral)
We had to play a terrifying game called Murderball. Two teams, typically 40 or 50 a side. There was a mat at each end of the gym. Object was to get a medicine ball on to the other team's mat. All body contact of any sort was allowed. There were no rules.
That sounds amazing :daydreaming:
Jtking3000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The fact that the changing rooms were just a dungeon for all the bullies to release their rage ¬¬. Nothing ever happens to them

Even had money stolen one time.
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being forced to jump on a death trap (aka Trampoline). I already fell of it once and I almost sprained my wrist, my writing wrist, before, in my opinion, my two most important GCSE exams. And still my teacher expects that I will become a trampoline master.

Although, it's kind of a tie with being chosen first because apparently, you're one of the best in PE and being looked at with 'the look' cause you flopped the game.

may348
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I was like 7-8 I had this hardcore teacher who hated me because I sucked at literally everything we did and yelled at me every class in front of everyone because my foot missed the ball or whatever. He also told us, when we had to run the mile, "if you throw up, that's good! It means you're working hard." He was dead serious. We were 7.

I was never a fan of PE. One year, by the end the teachers hated me so much they wouldn't even talk to me lol. :lol:
SophR96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having to do Hockey/Netball/Cross Country in the freezing cold! One time we had to do Hockey when it was hailing and we were only allowed to wear our hockey skirts and t-shirts, no gloves/trackies/hoodies etc. Thank god that was only compulsory for year 7 and 8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DErasmus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by warkan)
When your guy mates pull down your p.e shorts and ROFL while the whole audience stare at your thang
Not when you got a nice dong
yo radical one
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't have bad memories as such of the lesson itself.

I got detention a few times for refusing to run in cross country, I will run in basketball, I will run in football, but cross country can go to hell. I also got into a fight in the changing rooms once. All in all, I enjoyed it, but it was clearly a lesson where bullying was allowed to go ahead.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
SWIM did a fart whilst doing a somersault in gym, in front of everyone. That must be up there on SWIM's list.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An old thread, but that doesn't matter.
I didn't like PE when I was at school. In primary school I would often sit out of some activities if I thought I would embarrass myself in front of everyone. I hated sports days. In secondary school we didn't have to join in though, we could just watch.

In secondary school, we had to do PE outside in the middle of winter, wearing shorts and a PE shirt. I wish I skipped it. I was terrible at pretty much everything, and never really improved much because once I started to get the hang of something, it was the end of term and we changed to something else.

I hated PE in years 7 and 8 when we were forced to do swimming. I couldn't swim. I still can't.

The teachers also assumed that because we were boys we all knew how to play football.

For most PE lessons, I would be the one trying to hang around at the edge of the pitch away from the ball, or fielding in the spot where only left handed people hit the ball towards in rounders.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I fell down the concrete stairs and hit my head on the P.E. trip . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
Being told to run around the school playing fields in winter while the fat land-whale P>E> teacher sat about stuffing her face.

I can only assume at one point that woman was in fact competent and fit and let herself go after she was employed otherwise it boggles the mind how she was expected to teach anyone anything about physical education.

Oh and vague recollections of having to do P.E. in my underwear in primary school, all the worse because I hadn't discovered boxers at that time.
How come you had to do PE in your underwear??
mychemicalroslin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got hit in the face with a hockey ball and passed out; only for the teacher to then tell me to 'run it off' despite me actually getting a concussion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Desthebluenose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
our main sports teacher was a nailed on peado, he used to line us all up ******* naked and watch us as we walked through the tepid trickle that passed as showers, all it did was make the mud slide slightly further down your leg.God knows how he got away with it as he taught there at st phils on hagley rd for twenty years, at least he wasn't sadistic as a couple of the others were.There was one who with hindsight regulary hit 11 & 12 yr olds, God I would love to meet him today, orrible *******!
tibis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
p.e was actually pretty good. often at the end of swimming lessons we would all try and push the teachers into the pool and they would just be grabbing us off them and chuckin us in left, right and centre.

our p.e teachers kept a pile of decades old, filthy, unwashed sports kit so that if any kids 'forgot' their p.e kits it wouldn't matter. that must have sucked for the kids who hated p.e.
Toriar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Always being picked last in team games, people on my team shouting at me for being rubbish even though I was trying my best, the whole thing is a horrible memory tbh. The only things I actually enjoyed in P.E were tennis and badminton.
Andybro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Worst memory I had was on a snow day where we got to go out onto the field and play in the snow.
This would have been great if some idiot had realized that he;d picked up a huge chunk of ice instead of a snowball.
Was just talking with mates and I turned around, next thing I know my face is in pain and going numb from the cold ice.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
17.05%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.77%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (21)
23.86%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (32)
36.36%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.14%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.82%