Worst memories of P.E at School Watch

This discussion is closed.
Amelia_21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When it was raining doing PE indoors barefeet after lunch in the hall, where there were crushed bits of grapes and potatoes on the floor and getting it on your feet, disgusting.
Fatimah21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1.Having to change in front of immature girls for swimming in year 6
2.Doing PE in the rain... twice
3.Being put in crappy teams for games
Fatimah21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amelia_21)
When it was raining doing PE indoors barefeet after lunch in the hall, where there were crushed bits of grapes and potatoes on the floor and getting it on your feet, disgusting.
:console:
TheDaylighter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having to sit and watch for a few months while I recovered from a fracture

Posted from TSR Mobile
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheDaylighter)
Having to sit and watch for a few months while I recovered from a fracture

Posted from TSR Mobile
You got to skip PE for a few months? Aww, sweet! :five:
Aria Enoshima
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I srsly can't remember any bad times in PE though im still doing it (Got it tomorrow in fact).
I'm decent at most sports and at football i was picked relatively for my goalkeeping skills (Yes, i'm clearly that good).
There was that one time in year 6 which a basketball to the face made my glasses break. Similar thing happened in year 9.
Thinking about it, I got hit alot in the face by sports balls.
Also being in a class without any of my immediate friendship group isn't that cool although I can still talk to anyone in the class.
stoltguyboo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't say this was the worst but it was the best i used to write ''Sick notes'' for my friends and sign them in their parents names LOL and got away with it and my personal best when my dad wrote me a note saying I was sick and the teachers never checked it for 3 years so kept using it over and over again and never did P.E
theJdog
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What type of twisted school did you go to . . .
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yo radical one)
Don't have bad memories as such of the lesson itself.

I got detention a few times for refusing to run in cross country, I will run in basketball, I will run in football, but cross country can go to hell. I also got into a fight in the changing rooms once. All in all, I enjoyed it, but it was clearly a lesson where bullying was allowed to go ahead.
What happened exactly? Were detentions all you ever got for refusing to do it?

When you say "refusing to run", did you just walk it or did you skip the whole thing?

I've heard of cross country happening in some other schools but we never did anything like it at our school.
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hated PE. It wasn't so bad in yr 10/11 because we got to pick our activities - which meant no more cross country, hockey, athletics...

But from 7-9, it was awful. I once slipped in the mud when we did cross country, and as I had PE first period, I had to go around in sodden clothes all day. We also had to do dance, and I was always one step behind everyone else because I have awful spacial awareness/ hand-eye coordination. The teachers must have been sadists too, because they'd pair up the good people vs bad people at basketball/netball and just watch the slaughter.

I managed to get out of doing sports day every year though. The shear amount of lies it took though...
Iggy Azalea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Swimming in PE. I love swimming in a pool at a lovely holiday resort, but a leisure centre's sticky, smelly pool with manky changing rooms... no.

I'm pretty sure there was a sudden epidemic in ear infections and the majority of girls were on their period for an extremely long time (2 months ha!) when swimming season started.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aoxa)
I managed to get out of doing sports day every year though. The shear amount of lies it took though...
What sort of things did you lie about to get out of it?

Sports day was never compulsory in secondary school for us. But I wasn't told that in year 7, and I did relay because I thought we had to do something. After that I realised it was optional and I didn't join in again.
cupcakes87
Report 4 years ago
i couldnt throw a ball :cry2:
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh where to start:
- couldn't do PE in year 11 due to having not that long had an operation and was told I still had to bring my PE kit in. Can someone please explain their logic?
- cross country. Only ever when it was cold and wet
- having to do PE outdoors every single winter
- always being picked last
- doing the same dull sports every single year
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing rugby as I prefer football (soccer to any Americans out there).
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
What sort of things did you lie about to get out of it?

Sports day was never compulsory in secondary school for us. But I wasn't told that in year 7, and I did relay because I thought we had to do something. After that I realised it was optional and I didn't join in again.

You're lucky it wasn't compulsory! I had a friend who could get out of it because she had a heart condition.

Hmm, my lies then;
- I'm pretty sure I'm going on holiday then
- I fell over a stile while walking the dog and hurt my ankle so the doctor told me not to do any sports for the next 8 weeks (aided by heavy limping and i actually managed to get out of PE too )
-No, I can't fill in for - on the 1500m, I've got asthma and running long distances sets it off!
- Coming into school with a mod roc 'hospital cast' on my left arm because I'd 'fractured' my arm when I fell down the stairs - again, managed to get me out of PE until the summer holidays!
- I'm off that day because I have a great aunts funeral (then duped my mother into thinking I was ill)
- I have to go visit my dad in hospital because he's had surgery recently (then pretended to be ill, again.)

Reading that back, I realise they get progressively worse as you read down the list. I can be an awful person sometimes, but, in my defence, some were true, but I just adjusted the truth to conveniently fall on sports day.
midgemeister7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doing dance. I mean wtf that ain't sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
fluffylittlecat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was so bad at everything that nobody wanted to pair up with me so I often had to go with the teacher/teaching assistant during activities. :/
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Loved PE the only thing I probably hated was playing with stubborn class mates though
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hockey sticks and cold weather.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
17.05%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.77%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (21)
23.86%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (32)
36.36%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.14%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.82%