Report 4 years ago
not being as developed as the other boys in the changing room
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Breaking my arm while playing tennis in year 7

I had to leave school to go to hospital. I had a cast on for 4 weeks with my arm stuck in the same position for all that time.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
What happened exactly? Were detentions all you ever got for refusing to do it?

When you say "refusing to run", did you just walk it or did you skip the whole thing?

I've heard of cross country happening in some other schools but we never did anything like it at our school.
I would just walk it.

It's boring so I don't see why I should be forced to take part
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
-Getting picked last for pretty much every team sport for being short as hell and being assumed useless.
-Having no co-ordination and timing and as such being awful at dance (which was like 50% of our PE lessons).
-When all the rubbish dancers had to dance at the front...basically humiliation as all the popular girls made snarky and horrid comments.
-Having an asthma and panic attack in PE once because I was pushed too far, but I couldn't stop because of the **** my peers would have put me through.
-Running out of a dance lesson crying after having had a very hard week (a friend died) and I just couldn't take any bull****, especially dance anymore. I never went to a dance lesson after that...they never questioned it.

You know just the usual.
Naveed-7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One of my most embarrassing moments of PE at school was when we was in our changing rooms, I went to the toilet and my class went out, and my teacher locked me in accidently. The class was outside in the fields. I banged on the door and a teacher let me out.
I know, it was embarrassing....
Andaxay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The showers. The. Showers. Paper-thin sheets that didn't extend all the way across the rows of shower heads were all that separated you from the next student along. And, as I was bullied quite heavily, I was quite the prime target during showers.

I had a period every week for two years so I could avoid this.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Weather so cold my hands went blue.
intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doesn't surprise me that most TSR users hated P.E.

The worst thing I found about P.E other than the changing rooms was the fact a lot of the nerdy kids didn't even attempt to play the game and then cried when they got yelled at.
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In year 7 they made us do forward rolls in front of the class. I couldn't do one. I cried. God, that was embarrassing...
TheDaylighter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You got to skip PE for a few months? Aww, sweet! :five:
Haha, maybe for some but I loved PE

Posted from TSR Mobile
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
Doesn't surprise me that most TSR users hated P.E.

The worst thing I found about P.E other than the changing rooms was the fact a lot of the nerdy kids didn't even attempt to play the game and then cried when they got yelled at.
In my experience, it wasn't the "nerds" not attempting to play the game that was the problem. To my knowledge PE was never streamed according to ability, and in my classes it was always the sporty kids basically having their own game and the several unsporty kids having little opportunity to play at all, not because they weren't trying but because the sportier kids were dominating and carrying on without them.

And because the sports changed every term, the unsporty kids might just be getting the hang of something and then it changes and they're doing something completely different, they're back to square one. And the next time they do that sport again they're starting from scratch because they haven't played it for ages. That really didn't help things along.

If you'd tried really hard to get involved in a game and then got shouted at for failing then you would probably have been a bit annoyed as well. After so much of that they just give up, through (usually) no fault of their own. PE can be one of the hardest lessons to improve if you're quite bad at it, and also the hardest to keep your failures to yourself.
intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my experience, it wasn't the "nerds" not attempting to play the game that was the problem. To my knowledge PE was never streamed according to ability, and in my classes it was always the sporty kids basically having their own game and the several unsporty kids having little opportunity to play at all, not because they weren't trying but because the sportier kids were dominating and carrying on without them.

And because the sports changed every term, the unsporty kids might just be getting the hang of something and then it changes and they're doing something completely different, they're back to square one. And the next time they do that sport again they're starting from scratch because they haven't played it for ages. That really didn't help things along.

If you'd tried really hard to get involved in a game and then got shouted at for failing then you would probably have been a bit annoyed as well. After so much of that they just give up, through (usually) no fault of their own. PE can be one of the hardest lessons to improve if you're quite bad at it, and also the hardest to keep your failures to yourself.
I wouldn't have cared if they screwed up and tried. Instead they just stood by the goalpost and didn't even attempt to go near the ball yet got pissy when they were told to do something
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Female p.e teacher who wouldn't accept "but miss im on my periods as an excuse"
Nae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bleep test.
sarahfrost97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nae)
Bleep test.
This.
AeroBoy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When the P.E teacher took us all individually into his office to cup our balls
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nae)
Bleep test.
We only ever did this once or twice (literally, in the whole of secondary school) and I actually did all right at it. Didn't do brilliantly but I did better than I expected, I thought I'd be out in the first few stages but I didn't get out until about half the class had as well. For me, average was pretty good.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AeroBoy)
When the P.E teacher took us all individually into his office to cup our balls
Yeah, I bet the penis inspection was pretty hard too. :mmm:
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
Female p.e teacher who wouldn't accept "but miss im on my periods as an excuse"
Same. Veruccas weren't a good excuse either. Apparently, you can only get them from swimming.:rolleyes: My mum actually wrote me a letter to say I'd hurt my knee or something instead.
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Once in year 7 my hands got so numb I couldn't do the buttons up on my shirt after the "lesson", I had to go to my next lesson discreetly trying to hide it lol
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
17.05%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.77%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (21)
23.86%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (32)
36.36%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.14%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.82%