The Student Room Group

Your favourite free gift you got with a food product!

Okay, so you hardly get anything nowadays - no toys in cereal, no toys in crisps, and happy meals and kinder egg toys are getting lamer and lamer, it seems.

But what was YOUR favourite free gift you got with a food item? Is it the classic Kellogg's Cornflake reflector/spoke clacker?

Maybe it's the Mcdonalds Food Transformers?

Rugrats Pencil Topper from Ricicles?

Or Teeny Terrapins from Kinder Eggs?

Tetley Tea Crew Figures from Tetley Tea Bags?

Or even the humble Pogs and Tazos from packs of Walkers Crisps?

What was YOUR favourite free gift or toy from a food/drink item?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TotoMimo
Okay, so you hardly get anything nowadays - no toys in cereal, no toys in crisps, and happy meals and kinder egg toys are getting lamer and lamer, it seems.

The PRINGLES BOX!!!
Ahhh back in the good old 90s...they obviously thought that having non-crushed Pringles was a necessity.
Reminds me of that weird, slightly rude looking, plastic casing for bananas :L so random.
(edited 13 years ago)
There was this free gift in crisps, it could be Wotsits or something like that. No one else seems to remember them apart from me. It was like a little square of card and it would have a picture on it, you'd then fold the sides down and there would be another picture and then do it again and there would be another picture. Does anyone else remember?? Maybe I'm just imagining things..... :smile:
A pleasant ****?

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Oh my god I miss the 90s :frown:

What were the purpose of Tazos anyway? :lol:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by BooBerryMuffin
There was this free gift in crisps, it could be Wotsits or something like that. No one else seems to remember them apart from me. It was like a little square of card and it would have a picture on it, you'd then fold the sides down and there would be another picture and then do it again and there would be another picture. Does anyone else remember?? Maybe I'm just imagining things..... :smile:

I remember those:smile:

And the kinder egg toys when they were decent...
Reply 6
The Weetos trolls! :biggrin:
It's gotta be the pringle boxes!
I had chicken run ones :cool: pretty sure we've still got them in the drawer :P
Reply 8
When McDonalds gave you a free mini TY Beanie Baby.
Wheetos trolls <3 :troll2:
Tazos were both completely pointless and ****ing amazing at the same time :awesome:

I seem to remember there being Star Wars Tazos too :p:
Reply 11
Original post by kokiri
The Weetos trolls! :biggrin:

Ooohh my god forgot about those! haha I had quite a few of those :colondollar:

Original post by BritishRose
Oh my god I miss the 90s :frown:

What were the purpose of Tazos anyway? :lol:

They were just to collect, you could get an album to put them in and eat loads of walkers crisps til you had a complete set (I remember a friend managed to get a full star wars one)
Reply 12
pg tips monkeys!!! (yes i know they come with teabags not food...)
Oh, also the sticky tongue JarJar Binks from Walkers crisps. Anyone remember that???
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TotoMimo

Maybe it's the Mcdonalds Food Transformers?

Or even the humble Pogs and Tazos from packs of Walkers Crisps?

What was YOUR favourite free gift or toy from a food/drink item?

Cannot believe I've never seen those McDonald's toys; they're awesome! :biggrin:

But, the Tazo's come out on top. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Star Wars Tazos were the best ones! And I will admit, the Jar Jar tongue toys were great, I remember seeing the ads for it on bags of "sundog" popcorn!

Speaking of Star Wars, how about the Phantom Menace busts you got with Frosties and Ricicles? I had about a million of that stupid Boss Nass...

Reply 16
Tetley tea men! <3 Ooh I loved those, they were seriously cute.
I never saw the Mcdonalds transformer burgers but I really want one!
Those were the good days, bring back toys in fooood!
Reply 17
Either the poke tazo's (Because, you know, pokemon) or technically the Cravendale bowl I now have. It is all kinds of awsome, with a cow on the side too.

:biggrin:
Reply 18

The McDonalds transformers were huge in the early 90s I believe, i LOVED them! I think they were called "Changeables".

I also had an unhealthy obsession collecting these from my Rice Krispies: Monster in my Pocket and Wrestler in my Pocket!!

I'd probably say the TY Beanie Babies (which I have a massive collection of still :colondollar:) or Lion King soft toys that used to come in the McDonald's Happy Meals, either that or the Pringles Boxes.

Quick Reply

Latest