The Student Room Group

Guys - do you find girls who do pole dancing as a hobby more attractive?

as per the thread title, with pole dancing classes springing up at every local gym and hall, do guys find girls who do pole dancing as a hobby more attractive?

i have a friend who goes regularly to these classes, and whenever she meets a dude she fancies, she is sure to drop into the conversation about how she looovvves pole dancing. of course, she is sure to always say about how it is 'a good way to keep fit' and that she is 'doing it for herself not for men, to feel empowered'. but usually at the first mention of pole dancing the guys tongue is practically hanging out his mouth and immediately "do you wanna go out sometime?" he drools.

so yeah two girls equally attractive, but one of them likes pole dancing the other likes running. does it make much difference to which one you'd be more interested in dating?

my other friend also reckons that once she has a bf, her awesome pole dancing skills, mean he is less likely to cheat or leave her because she is so hot in the bedroom, and not many other girls have this skill so it secures the relationship.

she has dated some awesomely hot guys and very rich guys using the above approach and is sure to pull whoever she wants. plus, she doesnt even own her own flat or pay rent since often one dude after another will let her stay round theirs for free, so i guess it does secure a relationship.

logic tells me a guy prefers a relationship of substance, persoanlity looks brains and class over a pole dancing bimbo. but the other half of me looks at the evidence from my friends and wonders if the lower brain really rules.

in order to compete in the dating market, should all girls learn pole dancing?

EDIT: this isnt a bash at women doing pole dancing, it is a skilled sport requiring strength. but it is a kind of bash at girls who use their love of pole dancing as a way to get guys. kinda cheap, no? then why does it work?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

guys like xxx only.... end of....
Reply 2
You seem very insecure. I pole dance (yes, for fitness), but I'm certainly not a 'bimbo', nor am I not intelligent for having a hobby that you disapprove of.

Life isn't all about who can get the most men drooling over them. Build your self-confidence and stop getting jealous because your friend gets more male attention than you. I doubt she pole dances in bars or even has her own pole to put on a show for guys?
Reply 3
if your ugly then pole dancing isn't going to help.
Reply 4
Original post by shinytoy

in order to compete in the dating market, should all girls learn pole dancing?

:eyebrow: You might as well just put 'em on price comparison websites.... Would make major hitss.. :facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
I've started taking pole dancing classes as well.
Reply 6
Some girls on TSR , no joke!
Reply 7
Original post by route37
You seem very insecure. I pole dance (yes, for fitness), but I'm certainly not a 'bimbo', nor am I not intelligent for having a hobby that you disapprove of.

Life isn't all about who can get the most men drooling over them. Build your self-confidence and stop getting jealous because your friend gets more male attention than you. I doubt she pole dances in bars or even has her own pole to put on a show for guys?

did you even read my OP or thread title?

did i say anywhere a) all people who pole dance are bimbos or b) the purpose of life or measure of self worth is how many guys you can attract? no. thought not. try reading, since you arent a bimbo after all and are soooo zomg INTELLIGENT :rolleyes:

the thread was asking, are guys more attracted to girls who pole dance as a hobby.
Reply 8
Original post by Onge
if your ugly then pole dancing isn't going to help.

im not ugly, im a size 6 latina model. but i do not pole dance.

however this thread is hypothetical - two girls equally attractive, different persoanlities, one pole dances the otehr does not. which do you date?

also, if your ex gf pole danced for you would you expect your next one to as well?

wtf with all the GIRLS replying to this thread? did you not read the thread title? any why the replys 'i pole dance and i like it' NO-ONE CARES!!!!
Reply 9
no

however this thread is hypothetical - two girls equally attractive, different persoanlities, one pole dances the otehr does not. which do you date?

also, if your ex gf pole danced for you would you expect your next one to as well?

wtf with all the GIRLS replying to this thread? did you not read the thread title? any why the replys 'i pole dance and i like it' NO-ONE CARES!!!!

No one cares about pole dancing either!!

God, if some guy is going out with you just because you pole dance..... surely hobbies shouldn't make a difference??And he'd just be shallow minded and thinking about his d***.....
Your friend sounds likes a bit of a slut in all fairness.
I pole dance and I like it :smile:

but it's no different to my ex going up to girls in bars and saying he's a pilot in the navy
Reply 13
Original post by Obadetona
no

no as in it is irrelavent, or no as in you think it is off putting?

if my mate approached you in a bar, was all flirting and let drop about her great passion for pole dancing would you immediately ask her out?

personally i think it is a cheap way to get a date.
Reply 14
Original post by microfatcat
I pole dance and I like it :smile:

but it's no different to my ex going up to girls in bars and saying he's a pilot in the navy

haha was it true!!??!! if a dude said that to me i would definately think it was hot!

but that is because it is respectable and requires intelligence and skill, and he must earn a fair bit, and the navy is kinda noble.

whereas pole dancing kinda has connotations of semi nude oiled gals in bars writhing around poles hoping sweaty obese businessmen will tuck a fiver in their thong. and dont tell me guys like girls who pole dance as a hoddy because it is sooo skilled or requires strength. although this is true, i doubt that telling guys you lift kettlebells as a hobby, or throw 100m shotput will have the same effect
Reply 15
just lol at thread title......
Reply 16
Original post by ellie-wellie
Your friend sounds likes a bit of a slut in all fairness.

well...she tends to have one boyfriend after another, but doesnt often have one nighters or anything.

i think her approach to chatting up guys is kinda cheap, she makes sure to say to a guy that she enjoys pole dancing and is bisexual within the first 10 mins or meeting a hottie. but it always works and gets her decent hot guys for mid term relationshis lasting a couple months to a year or more
The runner. Pole dancing gives me the impression "skank".

But seriously, pole-dancing lessons?!:confused:
Reply 18

There's your solution hun :smile: While your slutty mate's going up to hotties telling them she'd love to "have a go on their pole", you approach some and tell them you're a size 6 latina model! Cos y'know, there's no way a size 6 latina model can be considered unattractive:rolleyes:

I don't see any difference in her saying she pole dances for attention and you stating that you model for attention.
Reply 19

hey if a girl wants to pole dance thats always a turn on.. although i wouldnt be bothered if my ex did it and others didnt. But yeh a girl pole dancing is sexy as long as the girl herself is sexy and doesnt look like a dog :/

Quick Reply