Turn on thread page Beta

Can anybody prove that there religion is correct? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    4Ed, I read your bio thing. It says you like classical music and piano. Have you ever heard any of Elton Johns early work? In other words when he was a serious musician. If you ever came across them I'd advise buying the albums 'Elton John' , 'Tumbleweed Connection' and 'Madman Across the Water'. They are brilliantly orchestrated masterpieces.
    hmmm I haven't heard much of Elton John besides his more commercial tunes 1995 onwards. I've got a Candle in the Wind album at home, which was pretty good... I'll keep a look out for his work now that you've mentioned it, because he is obviously a very good musician - I liked the soundtracks in Lion King which I know he did.

although my piano thing is a recent start - having never played the piano before, I got a couple of books about 10 days ago, with the aim of getting to about grade 5 by October. Do you play any instrument then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    hmmm I haven't heard much of Elton John besides his more commercial tunes 1995 onwards. I've got a Candle in the Wind album at home, which was pretty good... I'll keep a look out for his work now that you've mentioned it, because he is obviously a very good musician - I liked the soundtracks in Lion King which I know he did.

although my piano thing is a recent start - having never played the piano before, I got a couple of books about 10 days ago, with the aim of getting to about grade 5 by October. Do you play any instrument then?
    Yeh piano. I can assure if you think the lion king and candle in the wind is any good you will be blown away by Tumbleweed, Madman and Elton John. Take a look on Amazon to see how people rate them. Tumbleweed is probably his best work, yet you wont of heard of any of the songs. Madman his second best but Elton John is his best orchestrated/classical style album.

Some of the songs are very deep considering they were written by a 20/21 year old Bernie Taupin. I especially like 'Where to Now St Peter?' on tumbleweed. The topic although morbid is very clever.

ReputationRep:
    Catholicism is correct, because Jesus said so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Yeh piano. I can assure if you think the lion king and candle in the wind is any good you will be blown away by Tumbleweed, Madman and Elton John. Take a look on Amazon to see how people rate them. Tumbleweed is probably his best work, yet you wont of heard of any of the songs. Madman his second best but Elton John is his best orchestrated/classical style album.

Some of the songs are very deep considering they were written by a 20/21 year old Bernie Taupin. I especially like 'Where to Now St Peter?' on tumbleweed. The topic although morbid is very clever.
    cool - i'll see if I can find them - hopefully they will still be selling the albums, even if they're a couple of years old. i have yet to shop with my card on the internet... I still prefer the old fashioned way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    cool - i'll see if I can find them - hopefully they will still be selling the albums, even if they're a couple of years old. i have yet to shop with my card on the internet... I still prefer the old fashioned way.
    They sell early Elton in HMV usually but it its the more pop albums like Goodgye Yellow Brick Road but you might get lucky. Try looking in less trendy music shops, they usually have them in and they are about £5 cheaper than HMV!

If you like acoustic classical i'd buy tumbleweed first. If you like orchestrated piano more I'd buy Madman Across the Water.

DONT buy any of his work after 1976 though! You've been warned! With one exception of his last studio album 'Songs from the west coast'. He went back to playing piano on that one and he has still got it.

ReputationRep:
    I am god believe in me there is your proof

On a serious note religion is all down to belief I doubt I'd believe a miracle if it happened in front of my eyes. My mind tries to rationalise things. you will never be able to come up with a universal truth that convinces everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I am god believe in me there is your proof
    Hmm... makes sense.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.