The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

If you totally mess up an interview...

I don't remember where I read it, but on a post somewhere in TSR (yeah, real specific I know haha), they said that interviews were essentially the icing on the cake. You were already pretty much considered accepted unless you completely botched up the interview.

I just received my invitation for a phone interview, so I'm a bit nervous as to how much this will effect me! Does anyone else know about how much an interview weighs?
Pretty much depends on your interviewer, what subject are you applying for? My interview in History was pretty good until the end when i was asked what Historical book influenced me to study History? I hadn't read one and thought my chances for an offer turned to 0, I was pleasantly surprised to have received one! I think they liked my personal statement and the questionnaire i submitted. So, to answer your question they've formed an opinion of you before the interview, providing you don't screw up you should be fine.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Just show character and ambition. These people are not naive and stupid. Just state your positive intentions and it would also help if you mentioned some in depth knowledge of the subject that interests you.
Reply 3
Original post by Young Pretender
Pretty much depends on your interviewer, what subject are you applying for?

I'm applying for conservation, although it's part of the Archaeology department. I visited and even talked to the woman who's going to be interviewing me, so hopefully I made a good impression. And thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending