vBulletin Release Candidate 3 released (!) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I don't know how many of you are aware, but vBulletin Release Candidate 3 has finally been released!

Hopefully we can upgrade soon as with the introduction of the Release Candidate (as opposed to beta versions), code modifications ('hacks') are now encouraged and endorsed by vBulletin. Perhaps moderators will finally be able to IP-ban. How about it, d?

Regards,
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it would be nice to get away from this buggy beta.

can't really see the logic of using it in the first place.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
it would be nice to get away from this buggy beta.

can't really see the logic of using it in the first place.
I think when the beta was installed we had no idea that it would take so long for a release candidate to be released. I think we were assuming a matter of weeks as this was what appeared to be a late beta (obviously it wasn't). The upgrade to beta was to pave the way for the full upgrade, but it's taken much longer than anyone anticipated.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Forgive my impertinence, but what will this VB3 change, exactly?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Forgive my impertinence, but what will this VB3 change, exactly?
style, layout, and function of the board (no more bugs)

i though d was waiting for the 'gold' release however (the one after this)
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What are the current bugs on this forum? I haven't really noticed any.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
What are the current bugs on this forum? I haven't really noticed any.
see the alt faq for that
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
see the alt faq for that
hmm..i'm looking. On a different note this forum needs more smilies, 11 is a bit pathetic.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
hmm..i'm looking. On a different note this forum needs more smilies, 11 is a bit pathetic.
thats all thats providde wiht vb3
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How can i find out what a different site uses? i go to a different forum and there must be about 30+smilies some of them are very good.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
How can i find out what a different site uses? i go to a different forum and there must be about 30+smilies some of them are very good.
if is vb, it says at the bottom of the page
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can't see anything about VB3 so i guess it's not. If VB3 has only come out recently then i know it's not VB3 because the forum has been like this for the last 9 months or so.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I can't see anything about VB3 so i guess it's not. If VB3 has only come out recently then i know it's not VB3 because the forum has been like this for the last 9 months or so.
tthis one is running vb3 with vb2 styles
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
DO we all start out with fresh accounts with the upgrade to vB3? Eg post counts, reputation, avatars, signatures etc.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
DO we all start out with fresh accounts with the upgrade to vB3? Eg post counts, reputation, avatars, signatures etc.
no, all that sort of stuff is in the database. the upgrade just changes the implementation of how all that data is displayed.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
no, all that sort of stuff is in the database. the upgrade just changes the implementation of how all that data is displayed.
I see. It does seem like a bit of a waste then. How many people actually think this new visual display is better than what we have now? Though I'm sure there are some other advantages to the upgrade that I'm just not aware of as yet.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I see. It does seem like a bit of a waste then. How many people actually think this new visual display is better than what we have now? Though I'm sure there are some other advantages to the upgrade that I'm just not aware of as yet.
all the bugs will be fixed, for a start.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I like the skin we have now. I wouldn't want the place to end up looking tacky. Right now the focus is on the content (posts) where it should be rather than posh graphical elements.

All I'll be excited about with vB3 is the bugfixes and the odd small useful new feature.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
I like the skin we have now. I wouldn't want the place to end up looking tacky. Right now the focus is on the content (posts) where it should be rather than posh graphical elements.

All I'll be excited about with vB3 is the bugfixes and the odd small useful new feature.
I find it hard to get excited about VB3 personally!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I find it hard to get excited about VB3 personally!
Ok....

I'm not gonna be excited.

Just looking forward to having bug fixes, ok?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads