vBulletin Release Candidate 3 released (!) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
How can i find out what a different site uses? i go to a different forum and there must be about 30+smilies some of them are very good.
Smilies are generally added by the site admin; the actual forum software usually only comes with a minimal numbers. There are many sites, from which you can download thousands of additional smilies. I believe that the vBulletin admin control panel even has an applet for adding smilies. So if you have any good ones, try PM'ing d and he might add them for you.
Rich
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ollie)
style, layout, and function of the board (no more bugs)

i though d was waiting for the 'gold' release however (the one after this)
OK, I wasn't aware of this. When's gold addition scheduled for release and is that the first stable full release, or just a slightly more refined release candidate? I don't know of any companies with this many phases of development, it hints a bit at a lack of proper design and planning... :rolleyes:
Rich
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
I see. It does seem like a bit of a waste then. How many people actually think this new visual display is better than what we have now? Though I'm sure there are some other advantages to the upgrade that I'm just not aware of as yet.
No waste, as the cost is included in d's license. There's no change in rates based on which version you're using (version 1 is covered under the same license as 3), so if anything, it's a waste not to upgrade.

Not to mention the fact that we're currently running an officially unstable, unsupported, old beta version, which could be full of security holes, and is full of bugs.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
OK, I wasn't aware of this. When's gold addition scheduled for release and is that the first stable full release, or just a slightly more refined release candidate? I don't know of any companies with this many phases of development, it hints a bit at a lack of proper design and planning... :rolleyes:
well i thought he hined at waiing for the full version, the so called gold version is the final one i think although i doubt there will be many changes between rc3 and gold.

looking a the vb website, i would a week or 2, maybe less as there doesnt seem to be much up with rc3

their useless arnt they! after that we'll prob get platinum!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads