The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any ideas about the update? I don't want to play a serious game if it's coming out soon..
Reply 5261
Original post by Mess.
Who are you using in defence? Southampton really need an extra CB to help out the captain. Daniel Devine from Preston is good back up for £80,000 as well.

Have you noticed that Jack Cork always gets really tired in every match? He hardly ever finishes a game for me :sigh:

What system are you using as well btw?

I use a a control centred 4-1-2-1-2 and a counter-attacking defensively set up 4-4-2. I use Hooiveld and Fonte as centre backs, rotating Hooiveld with Prestia a young promising Italian. Left back I play robinson/fox on rotation and right back I have Tom Hately, who I got from motherwell for 150k. I signed Devine but sent him out on loan to Crawley

Yeah I'm always having to sub Cork, he's on poor form for me atm so isn't always playing.
(edited 12 years ago)
May have just signed Lucas Moura for Newcastle in the second season...
Original post by jam277
I like that, is your youth squad any good?

My junior coaching and youth facilities are top class, but my youth recruitment is ok.

I have a few midfielders who look like they will come good for me in the future. At the end of last season I had a 15year old centre back join the team who has the potential to be one of the best players of his generation - all his key defensive stats are already 14+, so have high hopes for him.

With the rest of players that I plan on integrating I've just stolen them from other youth teams. Two welsh full backs from Liverpool who I've already started rotating with Alves and a winger from Inter who I've started rotating with Messi. Rotation at this stage then once I'm in the later stages of the season I'll start playing them more regularly.
Reply 5264
So it's the beginning of March in our most awesome season yet - won every game in the PL but 3 (2D, 1L) unbeaten in 30 games in all competitions since November, but have a tricky patch of fixtures, Liverpool (A) on a Weds, Arsenal (H) on Sat and Inter (A) on Weds, first two are definitely our bogey teams.

First half against L'pool is pretty even, then my DM scores a screamer into the top corner, they go on the offensive and we just sit back and smash them on the counter, win 3-0. Then playing Arsenal at home and squad is really getting tired so I'm wondering if our winning streak will end as I have to put out a bit of a B-team in some places to save people for the Inter match.

Seemed to work quite well...... :eek:

EDIT: LOL on manager appointments. Gary Neville has done a pretty crap job at several PL teams (Villa, Newcastle) - got Newcastle relegated then got sacked halfway through the next season as they were near the relegation zone again. He's just been named manager of........

Ajax.....?!!!?!?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Currently playing M. Tel-Aviv in the Europa League and they're time wasting in the 14th minute :facepalm:

Into my 3rd season now. Warnock left on a free to go to struggling Newcastle o.0

Won the FA Cup and League Cup last season, then beat Liverpool in the Charity Shield.

All is seemingly resolved with N'Zogbia. He's now my #3 and I'm using him as a left back mainly.

Owen retired and is now a coach for me.

Sorted out my backroom staff as well. Thing are looking up. Pushing for top 5 finish this season.
Reply 5266
I have gone completely and utterly over the top with my Southampton team now :rofl2: Managed to get Cabaye for £2.5m, ahead of the likes of Juventus :lolwut: I also bought Shawcross for £12m!!
Reply 5267
:biggrin:
Original post by Mess.
I have gone completely and utterly over the top with my Southampton team now :rofl2: Managed to get Cabaye for £2.5m, ahead of the likes of Juventus :lolwut: I also bought Shawcross for £12m!!

That's what I like about Southampton they already have a good reputation. I used them on fm11 and got them to the top of the epl & won the champs league. They have a great youth set up too. Get some real gems.
Reply 5268
Original post by Peachz

Original post by Peachz
:biggrin:

That's what I like about Southampton they already have a good reputation. I used them on fm11 and got them to the top of the epl & won the champs league. They have a great youth set up too. Get some real gems.

Wait until I post my transfer list once I am done. I think I will have spent £50m+. I wasn't going to go so over the top with transfers but I managed to win the FA Cup whilst I was in the Championship so I needed a team that could hack an assault on Europe and the Premiership. I could have got Tiote for £3.3m but practically all of my midfielders are strong defensive ones. Think that is one I could regret.

I am going to get that Wilfried posted a few pages back as well, could have signed him already but he is injured for another 4 weeks so will have to try again shortly.
Reply 5269
2-0 up against Man City at half time in the Charity Shield. 1st minute of the second half my right back plays their right winger in :facepalm2: 2-2 it ends and after about 10 penalties each I get beaten :sigh:

The team that I started with only had 1 person who even played for me the previous season :mmm:
Original post by Mess.
Wait until I post my transfer list once I am done. I think I will have spent £50m+. I wasn't going to go so over the top with transfers but I managed to win the FA Cup whilst I was in the Championship so I needed a team that could hack an assault on Europe and the Premiership. I could have got Tiote for £3.3m but practically all of my midfielders are strong defensive ones. Think that is one I could regret.

I am going to get that Wilfried posted a few pages back as well, could have signed him already but he is injured for another 4 weeks so will have to try again shortly.

How's schneiderlin doing for you, he did pretty well for me in real sociedad, in fact in europe games he was the biggest impact sub there could possibly be. Remember losing against arsenal, I put schneiderlin on and he just drives my team on and won the match for me.
Reply 5271
Original post by jam277

Original post by jam277
How's schneiderlin doing for you, he did pretty well for me in real sociedad, in fact in europe games he was the biggest impact sub there could possibly be. Remember losing against arsenal, I put schneiderlin on and he just drives my team on and won the match for me.

Original post by jam277

He did quite well in the first season but now I have Hargreaves playing as the DM and Cabaye as the DLP so he won't be getting a first team place any time soon.

Giovani Dos Santos is ridiculously good on the right though. Scored 2 headers for me in two games :rofl2:
Original post by jam277
What's your aims for this season? La liga's a tough job, but it's a good league on football manager, I find the english league too predictable.

Top 6 again, got some good young players coming through
Reply 5273
I seem to be doing alright with my Brighton team, second in the league on goal difference and I have a few good free players coming at the end of the season. I am quite disappointed by Mackail Smith though, his finishing is a bit off sometimes and he misses a lot of one on ones!

I drew Man City at home in the FA Cup and nearly took them to a replay but lost out in the 91st minute. Hopefully I can get promoted to the Premiership and get more than 2.4 mill to spend on transfers!
Original post by dnumberwang
Top 6 again, got some good young players coming through

Oh ok, my aims the CL, because I've already qualified for the europa league since I'm in the spanish cup final. (beat real madrid) My team are the biggest set of giant killers you can find, I've beaten every big team this season bar villareal. My record vs madrid and barcelona has improved massively, haven't lost to either of them this season. But I can't kill off games vs the small teams. Drew to osasuna 2-2, was so frustrating because I was first and crashed arsenal style in jan/feb like I do every season. (at least i'll be in the champions league though)

Original post by Mess.
He did quite well in the first season but now I have Hargreaves playing as the DM and Cabaye as the DLP so he won't be getting a first team place any time soon.

Giovani Dos Santos is ridiculously good on the right though. Scored 2 headers for me in two games :rofl2:

Loan him out or rotate him, he's a great squad player.
Original post by Zerforax
Any ideas about the update? I don't want to play a serious game if it's coming out soon..

Early/Mid March.
Original post by Mess.

How did you get Cabaye for £2.5m in the second season? Playing as Newcastle atm and one of my best players in the second season.
Reply 5277
Original post by Wednesday Bass
How did you get Cabaye for £2.5m in the second season? Playing as Newcastle atm and one of my best players in the second season.

Newcastle got relegated in the first season, came 19th. Might have been due in no small part to Ba not scoring for over 20 hours!! Tiote ended up going for £3.3m as well.
How is this a yellow card :facepalm2:

Original post by dnumberwang
How is this a yellow card :facepalm2:

dunno obviously a red card

hes last man and as the ball continues in the runners direction and does not change angles the defender obviously made no contact with that :/ silly fm do your rules research

Latest