The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
I do that, however I'm at the start of the game (update) I can't find many mega quality coaches who aren't asking for mega wages :smile:

Is Thiago any good?

Raid national teams for coaches, like Baldini from England.

Thiago is great, in double figures for assists in the last two seasons - he didn't play much in the first season. He's great as a deep lying playmaker. :coma:

Original post by Mess.
You love Evans so much :rofl2: Is he captain as well?

'x believes Evans is a quality player'

And tbf, last season was the only one in which he didn't help the team win a trophy. And I got him for £8m. Go suck on some lemons. :colonhash:
Reply 5761
Original post by Mess.
You love Evans so much :rofl2: Is he captain as well?

Doumbia is unbelieveable, he can do absolutely everything you want from a striker. Wilfried is also great but he became injury prone for me (during my Southampton save) during his first season so I shipped him on for double the price and replaced him with Keita :awesome:

Seydou Keita wanted £90,000 off me and even that was too much. He isn't any better than Lucas and will just get in the way of the youth.

I think I might try and get rid of Bellamy, Carroll, Downing, Doni, Jones as well as maybe Kuyt (even though he always performs well for me and is great for tutoring younger players) and Adam even though he always does great for me.

Try buying Yttergard Jenssen, a Norweigan CM who I picked up for £1m at the beginning of the game. Although Felipe Anderson is amazing and I got him for about £5m.

Was going to get Anderson at the start but the lack of transfer funds at the start made that impossible, he's since moved to Bayern. Will have a look at Jenssen thanks
Reply 5762
Having a late surge, 3 points off of 5th with 5 games to go and just reached the FA cup final, my season has been surprisingly realistic for Liverpool for this season
2021, took over at Valencia after successful spell at Nottingham Forest, Chelsea and England (Euro's winner!).

At this point in the game, when all the 'real' players have retired, it becomes rather easy to assemble a title winning team. Here's what I do - Sell pretty much the entire team, as long as they are above 21 years of age. Replace the whole squad with players under 21, a small squad, with player who can generally play 2+ positions. So, CB, that play CM, FB that plays both sides, same with AM but also play ST. This way, you can have lower wages.

The current squad will always bring in more cash than you'll spend on the new young squad, so you'll be left with a surplus of cash, and a young squad that will improve. EASY.

Does anyone else work like this?
Reply 5764
Nangis just ran the length of the pitch and chipped the keeper, he is so good for me this season.

May have an outside shot of 4th if I can beat chelsea and then beat swansea in my final game. To say I was 5 off of 5th with 7 games left I've done well to catch up
Reply 5765
I have an AMC with very decent potential in the ranks at Feyenoord but he's totally ruined by having a decisions stat of... 3 (at 17 years of age). Absolutely ridiculous, FFFFFFFUUUUUU FM, FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU. Anyway to get him to a respectable 10?
Original post by zxh800
I have an AMC with very decent potential in the ranks at Feyenoord but he's totally ruined by having a decisions stat of... 3 (at 17 years of age). Absolutely ridiculous, FFFFFFFUUUUUU FM, FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU. Anyway to get him to a respectable 10?

Try getting your best midfielder to tutor him. It will go up with experience. ....
Reply 5767
Missed out on 4th by 1 point, also looks like my finances aren't too healthy, as youth facilities development just got cancelled. Will need to off load some players to try and sort that out.

It seems even everton have more money to spend than me :/. Don't know what's going off there, definitely wasn't spending outside of my means
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5768
Original post by Stirlo
Missed out on 4th by 1 point, also looks like my finances aren't too healthy, as youth facilities development just got cancelled. Will need to off load some players to try and sort that out.

It seems even everton have more money to spend than me :/. Don't know what's going off there, definitely wasn't spending outside of my means

Its the wage bill and if you have bought any players over a period of months as opposed to upfront. Liverpool lose an horrendous amount of money!
Cavani failed medical test twice :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5770
Original post by Mr.Messy
Cavani failed medical test twice :lolwut:

How many weeks is he currently injured for?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5771
Coming up to the end of November and Suarez has now started 3 games and 2 substitutions - scoring none and assisting none - he has also spent 10 weeks on the physio table - 3 weeks twisted ankle, 4 weeks broken wrist, 3 weeks twisted ankle - looks like someone might get sold at the end of the season :rolleyes:
Reply 5772
just won third premier league title in a row. with six games to spare!
Reply 5773
1st season Burnley beat chelsea in league cup finals 3-1 so happy right now LOL
Original post by Mess.
How many weeks is he currently injured for?

Thats the thing. He wasn't injured. :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

I don't know. Maybe he was, but I'm 90% sure he wasn't.

FM trolling me yet again?

Edit: Fair enough, he was. Quick look at injury history says Torn Calf Muscle ~2 months. I'm blind. :facepalm2: :colondollar::
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Laertes
YES!

Unbelievable player for the price. I've never got him for £1m but for the ~£3m I normally end up spending he's worth every penny.

Dortmund wanted £45m for him. :angry: I went for Kovacic instead.
Original post by Archamedes
2021, took over at Valencia after successful spell at Nottingham Forest, Chelsea and England (Euro's winner!).

At this point in the game, when all the 'real' players have retired, it becomes rather easy to assemble a title winning team. Here's what I do - Sell pretty much the entire team, as long as they are above 21 years of age. Replace the whole squad with players under 21, a small squad, with player who can generally play 2+ positions. So, CB, that play CM, FB that plays both sides, same with AM but also play ST. This way, you can have lower wages.

The current squad will always bring in more cash than you'll spend on the new young squad, so you'll be left with a surplus of cash, and a young squad that will improve. EASY.

Does anyone else work like this?

Yup. Then use the youth development system too to top it off.
My free transfers are quality as well. Got a 20 year old youngster for free who's basically having a mario gomez style season.
Reply 5777
I dothat but I also bring in some, not many, older players who I rarely ever play just to tutor my young ones. I don't usually keep players past 25 so it's good to have them to tutor. ESP if you can get them for dirt cheap too.
Original post by Peachz
I don't usually keep players past 25

:lolwut:
David Alaba, Javi Martinez and Jordan Henderson all injured on international duty and out for 3,4,4 weeks. Practically my midfield. :colonhash:

Latest