The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4320
Original post by .eXe
Why did Federer have to lose today :frown:

Because the better player won on the day?
So excited for wimbledon. I think the lower seeded players will surprise us this year
They should make Nalbandian personally reimburse ticketholders at the final.
Original post by *Hakz*
Because the better player won on the day?

This is not an explanation. You may as well have said "because the other guy won his match point". It's just a meaningless statement.
Original post by BigFudamental
They should make Nalbandian personally reimburse ticketholders at the final.

He lost all his prize money so I thought they would use that to reimburse the ticket holders but obviously they want to keep the money for themselves
Reply 4325
Original post by narnia123
So excited for wimbledon. I think the lower seeded players will surprise us this year

Such as whom?
Lower seeds as in the #1 and #2? :P

I can't see anyone but Djokovic and Nadal winning the next Grand Slams for quite a while.
Wish Wimbledon was starting a week later than it is :frown:
Ah well, i'll be able to watch any matches that are on after 5pm for the first week, which isn't all that bad ... I suppose. :tongue:
Original post by Michael XYZ
Lower seeds as in the #1 and #2? :P

I can't see anyone but Djokovic and Nadal winning the next Grand Slams for quite a while.

i always thought that Del potro was a big player he might have missed his chance now ( i think he won the US open a few years back) but then he got injured... when he is on form he plays really well though
I'm going to miss the semi's and finals. :frown:
Original post by JaggySnake95
I'm going to miss the semi's and finals. :frown:
I've got bloody induction days on the last Thursday and Friday. :mad: Why are you missing them? :frown:
Original post by Pandora.
I've got bloody induction days on the last Thursday and Friday. :mad: Why are you missing them? :frown:

I'm going to T in the Park so it's not quite as bad but last year they fell on different weekends. I'm just going to get my mum and dad to text me live updates if Tsonga or Murray are playing. :smile:
Original post by narusku
Such as whom?

As the exact seedings aren't normally released until a couple days before the tournament starts, I can't say for sure who will be seeded where.
However, based on the ATP tour and grand slams so far this year, one person who has been really impressive but unbelievably underrated is Grigor Dimitrov.
Not sure if you seen him during Queens, he was pretty impressive but i noticed the commentators never gave him a chance, especially during the Anderson game where he surprised them all.
I'd also watch out for Stanislas Wawrinka and Irina-Camelia Begu in the women's singles, she had a good season last year and made 1 or 2 rounds in Wimbledon so a fair grass court player.
Original post by JaggySnake95
I'm going to T in the Park so it's not quite as bad but last year they fell on different weekends. I'm just going to get my mum and dad to text me live updates if Tsonga or Murray are playing. :smile:
Ah, right - have fun! :biggrin:
As the exact seedings aren't normally released until a couple days before the tournament starts, I can't say for sure who will be seeded where.
However, based on the ATP tour and grand slams so far this year, one person who has been really impressive but unbelievably underrated is Grigor Dimitrov.
Not sure if you seen him during Queens, he was pretty impressive but i noticed the commentators never gave him a chance, especially during the Anderson game where he surprised them all.
I'd also watch out for Stanislas Wawrinka and Irina-Camelia Begu in the women's singles, she had a good season last year and made 1 or 2 rounds in Wimbledon so a fair grass court player.
Dimitrov is someone who I thought could make an impact this year. :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
Dimitrov is someone who I thought could make an impact this year. :smile:

Yep, some of his passing shots are incredible, i'd love to see how him play Nadal in this years Wimbledon, see some more of this:
[video="youtube;H8zNApQuv4U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zNApQuv4U[/video]
Reply 4336

Fair enough! Personally I want Nishikori, I woder if he'll be back by then. If so, he'll be a competitor I feel.
Original post by narusku
Fair enough! Personally I want Nishikori, I woder if he'll be back by then. If so, he'll be a competitor I feel.

oh yes, i remember he played well at the Australian Open, he's not afraid to hit risky shots. Do u reckon he could make a few rounds on grass though, ive mostly seen him play hard court.
Tsonga's great on grass, I could see an upset there, and if Murray plays like he did at the last Australian Open, I could see him making a break-through. Realistically, though, it's going to be Nadal vs. Djokovic, with Djokovic likely to win.
oh yes, i remember he played well at the Australian Open, he's not afraid to hit risky shots. Do u reckon he could make a few rounds on grass though, ive mostly seen him play hard court.

He had a good run at Eastbourne last year. Losing to Tipsarevic in the semis but he's never got past the first round of Wimbledon. However, of the three times he has played at Wimbledon he had to retire from one and he played Nadal in the first round of another. If he's on form I'd say he's a threat on grass.

Latest