The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

is this offer requirement normal?

applied for computing at imperial, and i waited ages to get the offer.. finally got it. Im really happy, but a part of me is a bit worried about meeting the offer.

A*aaa, + an A at AS additional further math.

I applied with all 5, the fifth being the AS Add F.math, which is 3 more modules that im doing. I'm doing them just because im interested.. and because i thought it would be seen as me having a good for aptitude for math.

Have you heard of any1 recieving an offer like this? I expected the A*AAA as that seems to be the normal.. but I didn't expect them to require me to achieve the AS grade..
Original post by Liquidity93
applied for computing at imperial, and i waited ages to get the offer.. finally got it. Im really happy, but a part of me is a bit worried about meeting the offer.

A*aaa, + an A at AS additional further math.

I applied with all 5, the fifth being the AS Add F.math, which is 3 more modules that im doing. I'm doing them just because im interested.. and because i thought it would be seen as me having a good for aptitude for math.

Have you heard of any1 recieving an offer like this? I expected the A*AAA as that seems to be the normal.. but I didn't expect them to require me to achieve the AS grade..

Ah well done on your offer :smile: I remember you being worried from a while ago :h:

A*AAA (in four A levels where the A* is in maths is absolutely normal). Additional AS Further Maths at A being added is normal too. That's the thing with Imperial, of what I've noticed, the more A Levels you offer, the higher your offer is. One of my friends applying for Imperial Computing got an A*AAA offer for his four subjects (which don't include further maths) but in addition, he was given an AEA offer (which is like your extra AS in Further Maths). So your offer seems to be the norm. :smile: Also maybe international students' offers tend to be higher? If I remember correctly, I think you were an international student?

Hope to see you at Imperial :h: Are you going to firm Imperial?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hey, ok well its nice to hear im not the only 1 with a high offer, seemed a bit unfair before. Yes im international, but i heard they make it easier not harder offers but whatever. Yeh im definately firming imperial... think im going to insurance UCL.. my other offers are southampton warwick and bristol. What do u think? i think ill like london more than other places.. and got friends there so yeh..
Original post by Liquidity93
Hey, ok well its nice to hear im not the only 1 with a high offer, seemed a bit unfair before. Yes im international, but i heard they make it easier not harder offers but whatever. Yeh im definately firming imperial... think im going to insurance UCL.. my other offers are southampton warwick and bristol. What do u think? i think ill like london more than other places.. and got friends there so yeh..

Oh, you're applying to 4 out of 5 of my universities :h:
I applied to UCL, Southampton, Bristol and Imperial.

Things to bear in mind about London (trust me, as a person who lives very close to London):
1) It's very expensive. Especially if you're international, fees at Imperial for international students is ridiculously high and add £10,000-£12,000 to the living costs on top of the fees.
2) It's multi-cultural. Some international students prefer mixing with a whole variety of cultures so London would be the place for you if you want to find some other people from your own country and want to mix with people from different countries. If you're into the whole "living life the English way" thing, then London might not be the best choice as it is really multi-cultural.
3) You'll have fun no matter what. It's London after all! :h: If you can survive in London, you can survive anywhere. It has the pick of the gigs, clubs, shops, entertainment, theatre, cinema, etc etc

Personally, I loved Bristol (hence I made it my insurance) :love: It was just a really awesome place and their computer science department is way better than UCL. If you look at the Complete University Guide then Bristol is placed a lot higher than UCL. Bristol is like a mini version of London, so I think in terms of places, I'd prefer Bristol to London, but I loved Imperial College far too much.

Make your mind up depending on what place you like best but PLEASE, for the love of god, don't go to a certain university because you've "got friends there". University is all about making friends with new people. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending