The Student Room Group

MSc Management & Strategy 2011/2012 LSE

hi,
I have created this thread to find out if any other people have got through for MSc Management & Strategy 2011/2012 in LSE.
If they have then hola back, I need help in selelcting optional modules. I am currently doing MEng in Aerospace from University of Bristol.
Reply 1
Hey gk7447,

I am planning to apply for the same programme for 2011/2012. Would you mind sharing some details about your profile? More importantly, did you sit the GMAT or GRE and what were your scores?

Thanks!
Reply 2
hi ,
I gave the GRE exam and got 740/800 in maths section and 3/6 in essay writing and 320/800 in grammer section .
for this course ur only required to concentrate on the maths section.
Reply 3
Original post by gk7447
hi ,
I gave the GRE exam and got 740/800 in maths section and 3/6 in essay writing and 320/800 in grammer section .
for this course ur only required to concentrate on the maths section.

Thank you so much for your reply. I just sat mine yesterday and got 750 in Quants, 490 in Verbal and I am expecting a 4.5 in AWA. Do you think I should take again in early March or just go ahead and apply? Read on the LSE website that a good score is normall 85% percentile, which translates to 760 in GRE...

Also, what is your profile like besides GRE and when did you apply?
Reply 4
i think ur score is great , there should not be any problem with it. i applied in nov and got the conditional offer in Jan.
i am doing aerospace engineering from uni of bristol and currently in my 4'th year. in my conditional offer i have to finish with a upper second class ..
i hope u get in .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Hey gk7447,

Good news! I was made an unconditional offer within 2 weeks of applying!! :smile:... And I'm almost 100% sure I will take the place! So we'll be classmates next year :smile: What progress have you been doing since getting the offer (e.g. electives, accommodation etc)?
Reply 6
Original post by Paideea
Hey gk7447,

Good news! I was made an unconditional offer within 2 weeks of applying!! :smile:... And I'm almost 100% sure I will take the place! So we'll be classmates next year :smile: What progress have you been doing since getting the offer (e.g. electives, accommodation etc)?

I have not done anything yet, just busy with the research project i am doing this year. Have u looked into the electives and accommodation.
I have had a look at the students halls , i think i might go for them because they are cheaper.
Reply 7
Could you please share your profile, I'm planning to apply next year!
Reply 8
Hey guys, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now: Why did you apply to the MSc Management & Strategy and not just the MSc Management?
Reply 9
Original post by gk7447
I have not done anything yet, just busy with the research project i am doing this year. Have u looked into the electives and accommodation.
I have had a look at the students halls , i think i might go for them because they are cheaper.

For my electives I am sure only of one course: Valuation and Security Analysis. As for accommodation, I do not know yet, I've started looking into student accommodation, it is a bit hard to decide.

As for the other 2 questions in this thread:
- I was not eligible for the MSc in Management having a background in Management from my undergraduate degree; I like the courses more for the MSc in Strategy one; it is for 1 year
- My educational background is both in management and economics. I have work experience with a management consulting, retail bank and in the financial services industry. Extracurriculars. First Class Degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending