hey i was wondering what type of questions and stuff would be asked....has any1 already had there interview, if so could u reply.....thx
thx for the advice, i'll keep it in mind...
Computing has one of the highest dropout rates of all courses at University - depending on the place, you are talking about a 30 - 40% dropout rate!!
The reasons vary and are debatable, but you need to ask:
1) What is the dropout rate for the last 3 years? If they won't give you a clear answer in percentage terms, do not even consider them.
2) Why so high?
3) What changes have they made to lower the rate? (Have they been successful?)
4) How will they support you if you get into difficulties?
5) Do they run remdial classes for people who's Maths isn't up to it?
6) Average class size?
7) How will tutors support you?
Think very carefully about risking a huge debt starting a course that you then drop out of - it could be very expensive.
Finally, approach this interview with the attitude that you are interviewing them, not the other way around. Computing departments are suffering. There are far more places than students and they need you. You need to make sure that you will get a lot of support in the first year.
Good luck next week.