The Student Room Group

Drinking Tips..?

Hey (:
It's my 18th next friday and my friends and I have planned an '18 drinks in 18 pubs' pub crawl..
I'm used to drinking and considering my height can hold a lot :L but I've never drunk this much in the space of 6 hours. I'm out with 7 guys (I'm the first girl in our group to turn 18) so I don't want to be out of control and I have no intention of getting kicked out of places I can now (legally :rolleyes:) drink on the first night..

So.. does anyone have any tips on how to handle my drink/sober up extremely quickly? Water and cigarettes don't tend to work :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Two words:
Tactical Chunder
Reply 2
Original post by White Zenith
Two words:
Tactical Chunder

I always find chundering results in me passing out. My advice is to hold back the chunder! And just go with the flow! If your mates are there and they're decent people they'll look after you. :smile:
Reply 3
You should eat a lot like 2 hours before going drinking. it always helps me. :smile:
Reply 4
First tip: Eat.
Second tip: Break up the alcohol consumption with soft drinks, that way you can feel the effects and be able to stop yourself before you become completely legless.
Third tip: Stop drinking for a while if you feel the effects mentioned in the second tip, and you will sober up eventually.
Fourth: Have fun. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Tesphena
I always find chundering results in me passing out. My advice is to hold back the chunder! And just go with the flow! If your mates are there and they're decent people they'll look after you. :smile:

I'm LITERALLY in BURMA.
For me eating a full meal before you go out and drinking water in between drinks helped to keep me sober

And drinking milk after all the drinking helped my friend sober up...
Reply 7
Thanks for all the help (:
Soft drinks it is, I reallyreally don't want to 'literally chunder everywhere'. Ahem.
Reply 8
Original post by Etoiliege
Hey (:
It's my 18th next friday and my friends and I have planned an '18 drinks in 18 pubs' pub crawl..
I'm used to drinking and considering my height can hold a lot :L but I've never drunk this much in the space of 6 hours. I'm out with 7 guys (I'm the first girl in our group to turn 18) so I don't want to be out of control and I have no intention of getting kicked out of places I can now (legally :rolleyes:) drink on the first night..

So.. does anyone have any tips on how to handle my drink/sober up extremely quickly? Water and cigarettes don't tend to work :colondollar:

Depending on what you drink, start with lots of ice.
Drink everyday until then. Lol.

18 drinks isn't that much though really so you should be able to do it =]
Reply 10
Hey (:

Yeah, how about having some respect for yourself and other people and not go on frightful 'pub crawls'. I've never heard of a more ghastly sounding concept.

+1 - finally, someone who is decent or at least thinks decently.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by paddy__power
Drink everyday until then. Lol.

18 drinks isn't that much though really so you should be able to do it =]

If you can get through 18 pints of strongbow without chundering once you deserve a high five.
Yep definitely pace yourself, with soft drinks in between. Wouldn't reccomend fizzy soft drinks tho, they can often be condusive towards chundering when you're already drunk, or for me anyway.
Reply 13
Original post by Smoked Salmon
For me eating a full meal before you go out and drinking water in between drinks helped to keep me sober

And drinking milk after all the drinking helped my friend sober up...

Drinking milk after, aren't you supposed to drink it before to line your stomach lol im pretty sure after it makes it worse as it curdles with the alcohol. I remember having a random milk craving when i was severely hungover... yeah wasn't such a good idea, i wouldn't recommend it lol

Thanks for all the help (:
Soft drinks it is, I reallyreally don't want to 'literally chunder everywhere'. Ahem.

I find if i drink beer its a lot harder to get drunk than if im drinking spirits or shots so maybe try and avoid these and drink alcopops or something not so strong instead as you can pace yourself a bit more then. Make sure you eat before and drink plenty of water before you go out
Reply 14
Original post by rylit91
Yeah, how about having some respect for yourself and other people and not go on frightful 'pub crawls'. I've never heard of a more ghastly sounding concept.

How wonderful of you to assume I have no respect for myself.
You're 18 once, one of the major parts of it being you're now legally able to drink. So I will celebrate by drinking. Thank you.
Bread, bananas and milk.
I often find if someone hits me in the face I sobre up pretty quickly too. Try to avoid that...
Happy birthday and have a good time.
Reply 16
How wonderful of you to assume I have no respect for myself.
You're 18 once, one of the major parts of it being you're now legally able to drink. So I will celebrate by drinking. Thank you.

There was no assumption. If you're going on a 'pub crawl', then you haven't any. Yes, I know one is 18 once, I am 19, yet I still managed to stay away from such experiences.
This may sound completely silly and it probably is, but I'm a complete lightweight and can't stand the taste of alcohol. I bought a new mouthwash which had alcohol in it and it was strong (for an alcoholic mouthwash haha). The first few times I kept gagging because of the taste but after a while I got used to it and it did actually help me tolerate and hold my alcohol.

True story bro.
Eat lots before, especially stuff like bread that soaks up the alcohol. Drink milk before, it lines your stomach. While drinking have the odd glass of water or soft drink in between. Don't drink lots of strong spirits, and don't mix drinks too much. Other than that just... have fun. As long as you don't do anything stupid ie. punching people, throwing up on the floor, breaking furniture etc. you should be fine.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by rylit91
There was no assumption. If you're going on a 'pub crawl', then you haven't any. Yes, I know one is 18 once, I am 19, yet I still managed to stay away from such experiences.

Yes, because everyone who drinks obviously has no self-respect? Fair enough if you have reasons to not drink but don't think that gives you the right to look down on anybody who does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending