Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Weetabix - Which variety and how do you eat yours? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, Weetabix eaters! Those in the Weetaclan, how do you like yours?

Do you like Weetabix, Weetabix Chocolate, Oatibix, or any of the sweetened Bitesized varieties? Or maybe you prefer Weetaflakes or Weetabix Crunchy Bran?

What do you eat with 'em? Traditional milk, hot or cold? Sugar on top? Fruit, ice cream, yoghurt, jelly, butter?

And what kind of consistency do you eat them as? Do you eat them as a crunchy biscuit (within seconds), do you have the perfect "Weetaninja sense" to catch them just as they're at that perfect softening point, or do you wait until they've dissolved into a porridge?

What's the perfect Weetabix?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I forgot to add - currently, my favourite variant is having a single Chocolate Weetabix with 0% Greek Yoghurt, topped with a portion-pot of Hartley's sugar free Orange Jelly - it's like eating Chocolate Orange for breakfast but it's actually pretty damned healthy!

ReputationRep:
    Just plain old Weetabix. But with a MOUNTAIN OF SUGAR ON TOP.

ReputationRep:
    I eat standard weetabix with milk and warmed up to make porridge.

ReputationRep:
    I used to warm up the milk and mix in with sugar, but now I just pour cold milk over (no sugar). Standard weetabix mostly, though bitesize is pretty cool.

I detest Oatibix.

ReputationRep:
    Weetabix and banana flavoured milk :coma:

ReputationRep:
    mini choco/honey one

ReputationRep:
    I just eat the normal Weetabix, with normal semi-skimmed milk. I ought to try other combinations, but I'm just that boring.

ReputationRep:
    Plain Weetabix with cold milk, maybe sometimes with chopped bananas.

ReputationRep:
    There's something magical about watching sugar melt into warm weetabix.

ReputationRep:
    Weetabix->milk->microwave->sugar->chunk of chocolate->mix.
    mmmhmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Normal weetabix for me and with a spoon

ReputationRep:
    I love original weetabix and have it everyday now, I also love the new chocolate one (great texture) but it's much more expensive so a rare treat. I used to love the bitesize choc chip ones but they're a bit sweet for me now. This is the second weetabix conversation I've had tonight. Too weird.

I have mine with oat milk by the way.

ReputationRep:
    I love wheetabix with brown sugar and green-top milk <3

Unfortunately I can't eat anything with wheat in it. Even shreddies bloat me up

Anyhow- before I realised that Wheetabix was the cause of many of my stomach woes, I has developed the coveted "Wheetninja sense" Left for the amount of time required to get my brother down the stairs, my wheetabix would be saturated with milk enough to be the perfect consistency for breakfast.

How I miss those days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Oh, I forgot to add - currently, my favourite variant is having a single Chocolate Weetabix with 0% Greek Yoghurt, topped with a portion-pot of Hartley's sugar free Orange Jelly - it's like eating Chocolate Orange for breakfast but it's actually pretty damned healthy!
    I hate to think how much experimentation you've done to create this combination. I can only salute your dedication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleNinja)
    I love weetabix with brown sugar and green-top milk <3

Unfortunately I can't eat anything with wheat in it. Even shreddies bloat me up

Anyhow- before I realised that Wheetabix was the cause of many of my stomach woes, I has developed the coveted "Wheetninja sense" Left for the amount of time required to get my brother down the stairs, my wheetabix would be saturated with milk enough to be the perfect consistency for breakfast.

How I miss those days...
    I have to eat mine as quickly as possible so it stays crisp-balancing the second weetabix on top of the first so it doesn't get dunked until the last possible moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go ahead and be the first to call viral marketing.

ReputationRep:
    It's always been 2 weetabixes, a lump of sugar, maybe some sliced banana's and a dash of warm milk for me,

and I just want to add, i've totally been inspired to go make myself a bowl at 10pm

ReputationRep:
    I actually started this thread as I got a ridiculous craving for weetabix and was out of the usual greek yoghurt, so fishing for ideas

ReputationRep:
    Normal Weetabix with sugar on top, and milk. But you've got to pour the milk around it, and spoon it on top really gently so you don't wash the sugar off but so it goes see through :awesome:

If I have any, I sometimes throw some raspberries in too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.