Top up fees... Last chance for you to have a say! Watch

This discussion is closed.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so, they can get another job, so then they default and lose their house, that is the basis of a mortgage
Am I right in thinking redundancy money can pay for your mortgage until most peoples mortgage cover kicks in?
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Huh, try telling my MP anything. Stupid ****. I'm referring to Oona King of the Bethnal Green and Bow constituency, a junior minister and obviously a Labour MP.

My gripe with her is that she voted for war on Iraq when a huge majority of her own constituency would vote against. Now why would she do that? To protect and further her own career. She's made up of around 20 different races and is a woman so is an ideal poster-girl for the Labour government and has a strong chance of being a key politician with Labour, but at the cost of staying true to her constituents. ****.

As for top-up fees, I'm on the fence.
That's the problem with career politicians, she should have voted with her constituency, not with her government, that is what she is there for. But, of course, she has her eye on a future ministerial role.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
That's the problem with career politicians, she should have voted with her constituency, not with her government, that is what she is there for. But, of course, she has her eye on a future ministerial role.
to quote someone famous - representatives not delegates
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so, they can get another job, so then they default and lose their house, that is the basis of a mortgage
It dosn't work like that, my parents for example had a very tight budget and when my dad was out of work we nearly endup loosing the house and in a council estate. You can't simply walk into jobs. Especialy if you're in your late 40's like my dad was at the time.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Am I right in thinking redundancy money can pay for your mortgage until most peoples mortgage cover kicks in?
reduncy payment, obviously, but then i disagree with having to pay people after you have fired them
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Indeed. Is there no place for altruism or representing the little guy in Westminster?
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Indeed. Is there no place for altruism or representing the little guy in Westminster?
It's probably best to have an MP who doesn't represent a party.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
yes - why not
Because it's grossly unethical.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
It dosn't work like that, my parents for example had a very tight budget and when my dad was out of work we nearly endup loosing the house and in a council estate. You can't simply walk into jobs. Especialy if you're in your late 40's like my dad was at the time.
i dont want to argue this because it would involve making lots of assumptions. Lets put it htis way, in a capitalist society there is always work available. I would come out with some vitriolic bile against this example like who cares, but i dont want to be rude. In theory, tough, you lose your house.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's probably best to have an MP who doesn't represent a party.
Probably why London voted in Red Ken, now he's a cad as well. All those fare increases on public transport, wasn't he supposed to engourage its use? Returncoat fool.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It wasn't as simple as this in my dads case, its far too complex for this forum but nothing is ever black and white. In the end my dad got his pension released early but he wasn't earning any money before this. Due to lots of complex things this took 8 months so my parents couldn't pay their mortage during this time, my dad couldn't claim the dole either due to more complications (he was in the process of setting up his own buisness so technicaly working but had no government support).

If JSM had his own way there would be 100,000 on the streets homeless. It would be like the victorian days.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Because it's grossly unethical.
immoral maybe, in what way unethical - anyway differetn people have differetn standrads and i would argue against the current norm.

doesnt mean they should not be allwoed to die, because it prevents you from feelign good about yourself.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
In theory, tough, you lose your house.
If you've paid taxes all your life then you should keep your house.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
immoral maybe, in what way unethical - anyway differetn people have differetn standrads and i would argue against the current norm.

doesnt mean they should not be allwoed to die, because it prevents you from feelign good about yourself.
Because human life has a basic intrinsic value.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It wasn't as simple as this in my dads case, its far too complex for this forum but nothing is ever black and white. In the end my dad got his pension released early but he wasn't earning any money before this. Due to lots of complex things this took 8 months so my parents couldn't pay their mortage during this time, my dad couldn't claim the dole either due to more complications (he was in the process of setting up his own buisness so technicaly working but had no government support).

If JSM had his own way there would be 100,000 on the streets homeless. It would be like the victorian days.
That's awful! But everything is okay now? There are last resorts here for jobs, so we shall hopefully not end up in that position.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was under the impression that you could get cover incase of unemployment when you get the mortgage. In other word if you loose your job the insurance company would pay your mortgage off for you until you got a new job. I doubt it would pay for a mortgage fully though as insurance companies aren't that generous.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I was under the impression that you could get cover incase of unemployment when you get the mortgage. In other word if you loose your job the insurance company would pay your mortgage off for you until you got a new job. I doubt it would pay for a mortgage fully though as insurance companies aren't that generous.
I thought that too. Although those who don't pay for this cover, wont get their mortgage covered.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Look i dont want to be rude, so im not going to get into it about your circumstances

hey, i liked the victorians, Queen victoria even didn't want to give wome hte vote :rolleyes:

Well, unfortunately for you, i will have my own way, im gonna run this country, and it does not make people homeless, it forces people to search for a job, i have no problem with job centres as they make sense, but i dislike the dole.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's awful! But everything is okay now? There are last resorts here for jobs, so we shall hopefully not end up in that position.
Yeah thanks this happened 7 years ago, things are okish now but house is still not that secure, my parents are managing to pay their mortage and providing they can pay it all of in the next few years they will end up with a very expensive house.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
maybe you might not dislike it if one day you happened to fall into that needful circumstance.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (475)
59.45%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.38%
No- I want it (228)
28.54%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.63%

Watched Threads