Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Skype question Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit curious if it's possible to see when was the last time one of your contacts was online on skype...now if I just hold the arrow over one of the (offline) names on my contact list it comes up a little note which says "last seen: 1/12/11" or something like that. Now I can tell it's not the last time we spoke, but does it mean the last time that person was online or the last time they were online while I was online? (although not speaking).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    I'm a bit curious if it's possible to see when was the last time one of your contacts was online on skype...now if I just hold the arrow over one of the (offline) names on my contact list it comes up a little note which says "last seen: 1/12/11" or something like that. Now I can tell it's not the last time we spoke, but does it mean the last time that person was online or the last time they were online while I was online? (although not speaking).
    i'm guessing its the last time they were online when you were online

ReputationRep:
    No way to find out when someone was last online irregardless of whether I was online or not? :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting that pop-up on my Skype... Are you using the beta version?

I don't believe there's any way to tell when they were last online, since Skype will only update message histories when both parties are online. If you're part of a group of people on Skype, and go offline when everyone else carries on talking, then later come online after a few hours when no-one's online, you'll not see the message history until one person who has a more up-to-date message history signs in. Sometimes it's easy to tell if someone's "appearing offline" or "invisible" if it updates when no-one's appearing online (:. Sorry I went off topic a bit there... I really don't think there would be a way of telling when they were last signed in, sorry. :/

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.