This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
what rights do you have if you get made redundant? do you get any similar rights if there is a decrease in your hours?

I work in a doctors surgery and the majority of my hours is done on a saturday- but now all the GPs in my area have decided to have the on-call system in place on a saturday instead of having surgeries open. so i basically lose most of my hours (the girl i work with is completely redundant- she's been there 5 years). do i just have to accept that i'm going to have my after-college hours now *total=3 hours*, or am i entitled to any kind of financial 'package'?

cheers for any help

lou xxx
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Claim sick leave for 6 months. Thats compensation enough for you.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
what rights do you have if you get made redundant? do you get any similar rights if there is a decrease in your hours?

I work in a doctors surgery and the majority of my hours is done on a saturday- but now all the GPs in my area have decided to have the on-call system in place on a saturday instead of having surgeries open. so i basically lose most of my hours (the girl i work with is completely redundant- she's been there 5 years). do i just have to accept that i'm going to have my after-college hours now *total=3 hours*, or am i entitled to any kind of financial 'package'?

cheers for any help

lou xxx
I am no expert here but my parents tend to know a bit about employment laws because of their very very small business. However I think if you are part time you are entitiled to any financial packages. However I heared this law had changed and part time workers are now entitled to same rights as full time workers. I am not sure when this law was bought in but I have a feeling it may have been 2001.

Either way it sounds like you need a new job.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Either way it sounds like you need a new job.
tell me about it... it's ridicuklous cos the surgeries don't really have a clue what's going on at the moment... all we know is that it will happen- rumour is from the 1st april, but i could be a lot lot longer

lou xxx
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)

cheers for any help

lou xxx
decrease in hours - none afaik

redudancy - 1.5 weeks pay per years you worked for (so your friend should get 7.5 weeks wages)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (231)
61.27%
Yes- I don't like it (17)
4.51%
No- I want it (104)
27.59%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.63%

Watched Threads