every100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
AQA Fine Art A2 Exam Paper - Does anybody have the Questions Please?
Lily Academia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have the AQA AS one - all I know for A2 is that one of the topics is 'Natural Forms'. The topics weren't greeted with much enthusiasm at my school; seems they're all a bit too... rigid, if that makes sense. Wish we'd get something more open to interpretation like: 'Exposure', 'Discord', 'Fear' etc... :s
every100
Rep:
?
Thanks! I think this is the same exam - tho my AS paper from last year mentions Art and Design (Fine Art) on the second page. Do they do different exacms for TExtiles, photography etc ? Last year our questions were "Windows and Doors", Altered Scale, Carnivals? etc - Was that the same for you?
I know what you mean about Portratists - we have spent a whole term doing Human form/Life etc . Tho I am not that brilliant at it.....
Tho' Fantastics Costumes/Pattern could be adapted to Portraits in a way - how about use a head-dress - african art - Henna Tatoos etc etc
And Attention to Detail - could be a portrait of a girl sewing or drawing or something?
Viole
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was given my questions today for the Art and Design (Fine Art) ARTB4 exam, I think these might be the one's you're looking for as they're different to the above.

1. Collection of everyday objects.
2. Figures in groups.
3. The characteristics of materials.
4. The ancient city of babylon.
5. Natural forms.
6. Political or social events and issues.
7. People at work.
8. Speed and motion.

Personally I'm not feeling very inspired for any of these at the moment
every100
Rep:
?
Thanks - this is great. Not sure about the questions tho.....
EffKayy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good luck everyone! My friend's doing natural collection of everyday objects :L
Viole
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just know it's going to take me ages to decide which one I'm going to do. I would have loved the other questions that were posted!!!
lissshannon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Viole)
I was given my questions today for the Art and Design (Fine Art) ARTB4 exam, I think these might be the one's you're looking for as they're different to the above.

1. Collection of everyday objects.
2. Figures in groups.
3. The characteristics of materials.
4. The ancient city of babylon.
5. Natural forms.
6. Political or social events and issues.
7. People at work.
8. Speed and motion.

Personally I'm not feeling very inspired for any of these at the moment
I'm thinking of doing the first tbh, but some of these questions are horrific, i mean really, the ancient city of babylon? who came up with that
Viole
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hehe I'm thinking the first one too, it's the only one I've really had any ideas for. The babylon one seems so random, and I really wish they could have just given us a little bit more inspiring starting points.
PenelopeBaldwin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really wanted to do 'The characteristics of materials' because its really broad, but I was thinking of doing the human figure and parts of the body using cardboard and bubble wrap and paiting ontop etc but I can't find any artists that do it in that way. The artists listed all do landscape or scultpure and I can't find any artists that do it in anyway that I'm thinking. I then thought to do the 'Collections of Everyday objects' but in an expressive way and encorporating the mixed media approach, however they are all very precise photographic painters. Do any of you know of any artists working in a mixed media way for either of these topics, please help!? Really fretting as teachers have told me I should be well into artist copies by now (!!
memomemootoo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
heey guys whats wrong with babylon eh?...thats the one ive got my heart set on
but i agree, the topics are pretty crap this year... i wish they gave us something more specific instead of the mushy boring stuff..
Viole
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hehe go for it with the ancient city of babylon. I bet you could create something quite interesting with that one if you tried. I'm so indecisive that I'm now hovering around natural forms, despite the fact we did it for our first AS project. Hmmm...
Lily Academia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Viole)
Hehe go for it with the ancient city of babylon. I bet you could create something quite interesting with that one if you tried. I'm so indecisive that I'm now hovering around natural forms, despite the fact we did it for our first AS project. Hmmm...
I think that's so odd; we've beeing doing it as our AS for AQA this year too. Honestly, are they too lazy to think up new topics? -.- That said, their are loads of paths you can take with Natural Forms. I started with seeds, bones, bark etc and ended up with a huge macro painting of the inside of a pomegranate!
Viole
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lily Academia)
I think that's so odd; we've beeing doing it as our AS for AQA this year too. Honestly, are they too lazy to think up new topics? -.- That said, their are loads of paths you can take with Natural Forms. I started with seeds, bones, bark etc and ended up with a huge macro painting of the inside of a pomegranate!
I agree, I think it's strange to have the same topic. However, I also agree there are loads of different paths, it's quite a broad subject and I just want to do something I'll enjoy for this last project hehe. Natural forms take 2
jess596
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmmm, the paper I've been given is the same as Bernii-xo entitled 'Art Craft and Design ARTA4'....so i reckon im on the wrong thread bye!
cza
Report 8 years ago
i'm doing figures in groups, just wondering if anyone has the exam paper handy and can let me know what the whole question says (if its not too much of a pain on a saturday afternoon!) Left mine at school and its the holidays now :/
memomemootoo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cza)
i'm doing figures in groups, just wondering if anyone has the exam paper handy and can let me know what the whole question says (if its not too much of a pain on a saturday afternoon!) Left mine at school and its the holidays now :/
"The placing and organisation of figures in groups can be either carefully managed and staged or random and haphazard, depending on the intentions of the artist. Contrasting examples can be seen in sculptures by Giacometti, in the paintings of Bill Jacklin and in the photographs of Jeff Wall. Look at appropriate examples and respond in your own way to Figures in Groups."
Zoeee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got given a question that was about Exploration and Discovery ...
Dani-L
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Zoeee)
I got given a question that was about Exploration and Discovery ...
samee!
iSomething
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone have the paper handy so that they can type out the question for "The characteristics of materials". I know it's really last minute but I've left mine at school.

Thanks for the help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads